NVR not being detected by hub (network) when using ethernet cable

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-08 10:49:02
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.3.1

I've recently puchased a three hub Deco M5 system and set it up without issue. However, when I hard wire my NVR (digital recorder for CCTV) it does not show up on the network and therefore I can't access it remotely (via appropriate software). All the other clients eg. PC's, phones etc, connect wirelessly or hard wire without issue.

I'd previously used the same ethernet cable to hardwire the NVR to my main router and it worked fine then. Just to be on the safeside, I've tried hardwiring my PC to the hub, via the same ethernet cable (with Wi-Fi turned off!), this works perfectly and shows up on the network map through my brower via 198.168.x.x. So I've ruled out a duff cable, and defective ethernet socket on the hub (by the way I've also tried with the other two hubs with no success).

Its a high quality NVR, Dahua brand. It doesnt have Wi-Fi (like most NVR's) so hard wiring is my only option and due to a new location, I can't hard wire it as previously to my main router, I've got to use a hub....that's one reason I purchased the M5 system.

Can any of you nice folks out there suggest why the hub(s) wont detect the hard wired NVR, but it'll detect other clients? Or any other diagnostics that my unearth what's going on. It's completely stumped me after many hours of trying to get it working.

Thank you in advance.

Options
9 Reply
Re:NVR not being detected by hub (network) when using ethernet cable
2019-08-09 01:54:12

@Chocman 

What is the current IP address and gateway of this NVR?

Have you ever setup static IP for it?

With NVR wired to the Deco M5, try to ping the gateway of the Deco M5 and show us the ping result. 

Note: The gateway is 192.168.68.1 by default. 

Meanwhile, try to reset the NVR and use dynamic IP for it and reconnect it to the Deco M5 to give it a shot. 

Best regards. 

Options
Re:Re:NVR not being detected by hub (network) when using ethernet cable
2019-08-09 10:16:17

Thank you @Kevin_Z 

Many thanks indeed for your reply. I really struggle to understand how IP's and Gateways work - I've watched many videos trying to learn the basics, but I can't grasp the concept how ever hard I try. I know some people will be 'sighing' at this point, but it's obviously just not how my mind works.

So before I ping the hub whilst connected to the NVR (and I know how to do that), could you help me with which IP and gateway I should use for the NVR. I've tried the main hub IP and Hub 2 IP and I don't know what number to use as the gateway for the NVR, so I've been guessing that using the numbers below.

I do know how to change the IP and Gateway address of the NVR, I just don't know what to. I also know that the NVR was set to static IP address.

I've also see I've an internet IP address for the Deco system that's under 'advanced' when logged into the M5 system via my browser, I don't know whether this IP address should be used? I've tried it mind you like all the other numbers above!

Thank you for your patience and assistance.

Options
Re:NVR not being detected by hub (network) when using ethernet cable
2019-08-11 20:04:55

@kevin_Z These are the results of the Ping to the main hub when the NVR is connected via an ethernet cable.

Pinging 192.168.68.1 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 192.168.68.1: bytes=32 time=4ms TTL=64
Reply from 192.168.68.1: bytes=32 time=5ms TTL=64
Reply from 192.168.68.1: bytes=32 time=5ms TTL=64
Reply from 192.168.68.1: bytes=32 time=4ms TTL=64

Ping statistics for 192.168.68.1:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 4ms, Maximum = 5ms, Average = 4ms

I set the IP of the NVR to 192.168.68.2 with the default gateway as 192.168.68.1

The NVR is still not being shown as a conected client on the TP link network using 192.168.68.1 via a browser

Many thanks fagain or your assistance.

Options
2019-08-11 20:46:27

An update. I can now access the NVR remotely, and it is being detected on the network as wired. At last some progress has been made!

Options
2020-01-27 17:01:05 - last edited 2020-01-28 10:52:31

@Chocman Hi, could you please explain what you have done to get it working? Have you changed settings in Deco or in the NVR? Same problem here with the NVR not being detected by the M9 (M9 in Router mode, Hikvision NVR connected with ethernet CAT5a cable to M9 hub). 

Options
2020-06-02 21:11:35

@AR-jan I also have the same problem in setting up the port forwarding in the Deco M5.

No matter what I do, the Deco M5 does not recognise the Dahua NVR connected through the Ethernet cable.

I did not have any problems with a Huawei 4G router and the Dahua NVR. The problems started when I purchased the Deco M5.

Did you already find a solution to the problem?

Options
2020-06-03 06:23:36

Hi @Vesito , yes I got it working. For me, the solution was to let the Deco assign IP-addresses (act as a DNS server), and disable DNS in the NVR. Hope this works for you too. 

Options
2021-01-15 11:31:01

@AR-jan This worked for me too. Basically I just needed to DVR to allow DHCP connections.

Options
2021-11-30 07:09:11

@Vesito 

hi,

did you find a way to work this?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3352

Replies: 9

Related Articles