Any way to downgrade M5 firmware? Latest update is unstable

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-11 14:49:12
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.1 Build 20190617 Rel. 47476

I updated the firmware recently and all of a sudden the Deco would lose internet connection intermittenly for 10 - 30 minutes every couple of hours. I was very happy with Deco until this latest update and want to know if I can downgrade my firmware back to the previous version released in April. Thanks.

Options
7 Reply
Re:Any way to downgrade M5 firmware? Latest update is unstable
2019-08-12 02:37:01

@Cid-Itad 

You can login to the web interface of Deco M5 to downgrade the firmware. 

Or we can do some troubleshooting regarding to the unstable connection issue.

1. What is the current network diagram? How do you connect these devices together?

2. What is the led status of Deco when the internet stops working?

3. With main Deco connected to the modem only, please verify wheher you can get interet, and click here to check its IP address and gateway and show us a picture of the status-details page.

4. At that moment, are you able to get internet from the modem directly? 

5. Any error message on the Deco app? Try to reboot the whole wifi system to give it a shot. 

Best regards. 

Options
Re:Re:Any way to downgrade M5 firmware? Latest update is unstable
2019-08-12 03:02:55

1. I can't seem to find a way to get to the web interface. Google shows M5 doesn't have a web interface. 

2. I use my old Netgear router and everything works fine while Deco shows internet is offline. The LED shows red. App works but says no Internet connection. 

3. I don't want to reboot the system four or five times a day.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Any way to downgrade M5 firmware? Latest update is unstable
2019-08-13 01:20:33

@Cid-Itad 

The Deco M5 1.3.1 adds the web UI feature, mainly used to update the firmware and make it more convenient and much easier. 

For more information, you can refer to : https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/164802?page=1&t=2019%2F07%2F31%2005%3A43%3A05%20%2B0000

Meanwhile, for the unstable connection issue, you can provide more information mentioned in my last reply so that we can do further analysis and try to fix it. 

Best regards. 

Options
2020-01-12 11:55:56

@Kevin_Z 

You can login to the web interface of Deco M5 to downgrade the firmware. 

When I tried to install previous update, it said something like : upgrade fail. please use latest version of firmware....

Is there any other ways, to do the downgrade ?  o_O

Options
2020-01-12 15:27:51

@Boriy same issue... everyone says it can be done though web interface,but i get the same error saying that i hvto have a newer firmware!

Total of 5 deco m5 now just paperweight!

Options
2020-01-12 17:52:09

@Potato55 

I believe I found a solution, at least on mine it worked.

I switched from router mode to AP mode and everything working normally again.

So now I have:

1 router (bridge mode) - 1 router -(connected through lan to deco port) 1 main deco 

Options
2020-01-13 07:10:20

@Boriy @Potato55 

Hello, sorry to tell you that the 1.4.0 is not allowed to degrade to 1.3.x or below via web interface directly. 

@Boriy It is glad to hear that you figured it out by switching the operation mode to AP mode. 

@Potato55 My colleague Brook has replied to you on another thread with some information to be confirmed. You can keep in touch with him.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/185340?page=4 (page 3)

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 7697

Replies: 7