Wifi symbol disappear

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Wifi symbol disappear

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Wifi symbol disappear
Wifi symbol disappear
2019-08-19 11:50:42 - last edited 2019-08-19 11:52:32
Model: Archer A10  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

I am facing a weird problem for last 5 days. Hi! my name is renish and I am using tp-link router from. It's working great and i have never face any issue with routers. but from the last 5 days, I have got a strange issue with routers. suddenly wifi symbol get disappear and my windows pc get disconnected with wifi. After that, I have to reset tp link router to connect again with my PC. And then Few hours works great but again wifi symbol got disappear and i lost connection. Again I have to Reset Router. And this process continues. This happens with me from last 5 days. Every time I have to reset tp link router to get Wifi symbol. I have never faced this type of problem before. 

Options
6 Reply
Re:Wifi symbol disappear
2019-08-20 01:26:07

@renish 

What is the wifi led of the Archer A10 when the wifi got disconnected? Can other devices detect the wifi network name then? 

What do you mean by reset it? Do you hold the reset hole or just power cycle/reboot it? 

In the meantime, with wifi got disconnected, can you get internet from the main router by ethernet cable? 

Besides, try to customize the wireless settings of the main router, like wireless channel and channel width. For 2.4GHz, use channel 1, 6 or 11, channel width to 20MHz; for 5GHz, use channel 36, 40 or 44, channel width as 40MHz. 

Furthermore, please ensure that the firmware is up to date. 

Best regards. 

Options
2020-04-20 18:53:41

@Kevin_Z 

Hello, 

I don't know why this question has no follow up.  I have a tp-link c3200 that has the same problem.  The wifi signal disappears, all 3 wifi blue lights are steady blue, and no warning lights, but the signals just disappear.  It is not my receiver problem because all my receiver connections would be lost.  I have a net analyser app which shows all signals from neighbors and c3200 signals can just disappear when I was watching.  And the unit will not reset itself, I have to turn it off and on again to make it work, and after rebooting, it could maintain for a few days, or just a few minutes before it dies again.  I can't figure out what have had triggered the singal death.

Another strange thing is that if I connect to one of the 5G channels (the high one), my device will not show up in the wireless client list on the router management homepage, while the 2.4G and the low 5G channel will show the connection in the client list. Sometimes when the wifi signals die, the high channel could still be there like a ghost, appearing connected but frozen.

I have done factory reset, by the way, and done firmware upgrade (was just an overwrite), in trying to fix the problem but no luck.

Please advice.

Don

Kevin_Z wrote

@renish 

What is the wifi led of the Archer A10 when the wifi got disconnected? Can other devices detect the wifi network name then? 

What do you mean by reset it? Do you hold the reset hole or just power cycle/reboot it? 

In the meantime, with wifi got disconnected, can you get internet from the main router by ethernet cable? 

Besides, try to customize the wireless settings of the main router, like wireless channel and channel width. For 2.4GHz, use channel 1, 6 or 11, channel width to 20MHz; for 5GHz, use channel 36, 40 or 44, channel width as 40MHz. 

Best regards. 

Options
2020-09-14 13:21:06 - last edited 2020-09-14 13:21:45

@Don-link  same for my archer C5. Every few hours though my router is on i do not see wifi on my devices (laptop and mobile) meams my device get disconnect and when i try to connect i do not tp link wifi even for selection. I have to restart (not reset) my router and i see wifi back available to connect but this repeats every few hour. 

Options
2020-09-16 09:43:19

@DIPESH 

Can you confirm my previous post and provide the necessary info, then we will try to figure it out? Thanks.

Options
2020-09-25 09:29:41

@Kevin_Z 

I have tp-link WR720N router, since last 3 days even I am facing same issue. 

Kevin_Z wrote

@DIPESH 

Can you confirm my previous post and provide the necessary info, then we will try to figure it out? Thanks.

Options
2020-09-27 04:00:29

@VijayP 

Hi,

What is the wifi led of the WR720N when the wifi got disconnected? Can other devices detect the wifi network name then? 

How do you make it work again?

In the meantime, with wifi got disconnected, can you get the internet from it by connecting your computer to the router by ethernet cable? 

Besides, try to customize the wireless settings on the router, like wireless channel and channel width. use channels 1, 6, or 11, channel width to 20MHz, then monitor.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3778

Replies: 6