Deco technologies explained

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-20 10:32:06
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.3.1

Hello everyone, despite ready about technology, still have some questions about it.

1) In specs it says : 400 Mbps on 2.4 GHz

Do it refers to the overall total speed using 2.4Ghz ? Because on my iPhone SE and MacBook Air 2015, I only can get around 40mb/s.

2) It has MU-MIMO 2x2. Does it apply to the every Deco individually or only to the whole network ?

I have 100mb/s. If I connect 2 devices to main router, I can have 50mb/s on each of them lag free (it supposed to be like that.)

However, I have 9 Decos in house. Does it mean, that I can have only 2 lag free connections at the same time or 18 lag free connections, since each Deco have 2x2 MU-MIMO ?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco technologies explained
2019-08-21 06:58:23

@Boriy 

400Mbps is the wireless link speed in PHY layer, while it is not the actual speed. Instead, the actual speed is affected by the bandwidth you paid, the distance and the device itself. 

For the MU-MIMO, it makes multiple devices access internet at the same time; It can be regarded as the example you mentioned, while it is not just divided half-to-half simply and restrictly; it still has something to do with the device itself and its network activity. 

For more information, you can read https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/stories/detail/151

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 268

Replies: 1