Not allowed to management Deco M9 plus remotely

2019-08-21 14:24:33 - last edited 2019-08-26 06:02:25
Model: Deco M9 Plus
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I am using Deco M9 plus currently. Would like to prohibit the internet connection to manage Deco devices thru APP.

Can you guide me how to configure to allow the internat connection to management Deco only? Thanks.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Re:Re:Not allowed to management Deco M9 plus remotely-Solution
2019-08-23 01:09:25 - last edited 2019-08-26 06:02:25

@Prince.Chiu 

Hello, thanks for your reply, while sorry to tell you  that there is no option to disable remote management on the Deco; cause the TP-Link ID is necessary to configure the Deco mesh network, inevitably, we can use it to manage it both locally and remotely. 

While please be assured of it, first, we’ve banned SSH login on Decos, and blocked the function of tying in command line, so there is no security problem; second, SSH function on Deco can only server for Deco, and does not support SSH clients to login.

Besides, TP-Link ID is needed to manage the device remotely; others without permission( do not know that) won't be able to login to the Deco app to manage your network. 

Best regards. 

Best Solution
Options
5 Replies
Re:Not allowed to management Deco M9 plus remotely
2019-08-22 04:01:54

@Prince.Chiu 

Once you setup Deco mesh system well, you can use the Deco app to manage it with your TP-Link ID, both locally and remotely.

Good day. 

Options
Re:Re:Not allowed to management Deco M9 plus remotely
2019-08-22 23:20:16

Dear sir, Thanks for your message. But, I want to disable the “remote” control capability. Would you please tell me how to configure it. Thanks.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Not allowed to management Deco M9 plus remotely-Solution
2019-08-23 01:09:25 - last edited 2019-08-26 06:02:25

@Prince.Chiu 

Hello, thanks for your reply, while sorry to tell you  that there is no option to disable remote management on the Deco; cause the TP-Link ID is necessary to configure the Deco mesh network, inevitably, we can use it to manage it both locally and remotely. 

While please be assured of it, first, we’ve banned SSH login on Decos, and blocked the function of tying in command line, so there is no security problem; second, SSH function on Deco can only server for Deco, and does not support SSH clients to login.

Besides, TP-Link ID is needed to manage the device remotely; others without permission( do not know that) won't be able to login to the Deco app to manage your network. 

Best regards. 

Best Solution
Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Not allowed to management Deco M9 plus remotely
2019-08-23 11:26:41

Dear sir, Thanks for your reply.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Not allowed to management Deco M9 plus remotely
2019-08-26 06:01:37

@Prince.Chiu 

You are most welcome.

If need more help, do not hesitate to contact us.

Good day. 

Options