Client could not connect to Main unit, while other units kept working correct

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-21 18:10:54 - last edited 2019-08-21 18:12:09
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.1

On 1.3.1 my setup is much more stable: all units were up with no issues for almost 4 weeks, however last week,

again i had to reboot 2x, both the same issue.

The nice thing about the latest firmware is that you can download the log file. So hopefully this helps in finding the cause !

My setup

Modem ------->Main Deco

Node 1 -> Wireless connnected to Main deco / Node 2

Node 2 -> Connected with ethernet to Main Deco

What is happening:

• I could not connect anymore with WiFi to the main unit on the client: error: "connected, no internet" on nodes: LED  green + no errors in the app).
  • Note that I tried multiple devices, all with the same result.
  • Wifi on all other nodes was still working correct
  • I can check this just by going to the rooms where the nodes are located (also in the app you can see to which node a client is connected)
  • Interestingly enough: the nodes CONNECTED TO THE MAIN UNIT (1 with WiFi and 1 with Ethernet) were also STILL WORKING FINE ! )
  • Later Node 1 disconnected (this was visible in the app, and LED also went to red)

=> Only way to fix this was rebooting the main unit.

I have the idea that the cause is not a wifi issue / interference but maybe something with DHCP or a software crash of the main unit. 

since the other nodes kept working correct.

As a test I now also removed my Chromecast, since I read it COULD also cause issues.

The logs:

- Issue happened on Tue Aug 20 

- I don't know the exact time, but i think around 23:30

- Download link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vKju5bXKBziFM9QpWD3GbVG3HX0MuMHt/view?usp=sharing

Options
1 Reply
Re:Client could not connect to Main unit, while other units kept working correct
2019-08-22 06:13:35

@janoosti 

Thanks for your reply, we will get some details first and  try to figure it out. 

1. Please disconnect  the Node 1 and Node 2( or power them off) when the main unit stops working, after that, please connect your computer to the main unit by ethernet cable to verify whther you can access internet, and please click here to get the IP and gateway. 

In the meantime, cause you mentioned that the wifi device still connects to it but no internet access, please verify its IP and gateway as well then we can do a comparison analysis. 

2. When Node 1 disconnected from network with red led light, please connect your computer to the Node 1 to check the IP and gateway also; what about the Node 2 at that time? Is it still red led?

3. Try to swap the Deco units to rule out whether it is the main unit itself; how to setup slave Deco to main Deco, please click here. 

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 713

Replies: 1

Related Articles