Slow file download speed, can't disable QoS on Archer C2300?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-21 20:39:12
Model: Archer C2300  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.0.3 Build 20180810 Rel. 62903

I've just bought Archer C2300 and I've noticed that my file download speeds are very poor. I have 250mbit connection at home but I can download files up to 800kb/s. Speedtest.net shows 250mbit-300mbit, and YouTube plays HD videos without problems, but whenever I try to download a file from various servers (i.e. Linux distribution ISO), I'm getting max 1mb/s. I don't like it.

I'm trying to disable QoS but this router doesn't seem to allow disabling QoS at all? I can only switch some profiles but that doesn't change any outcome.

When I plug in my old router, download speeds are fast again, so I'm 100% sure it's the Archer C2300 fault, probably the problem is that I can't disable QoS.

How can I disable QoS?

Will downgrading firmware version to older one help? I can see that in older firmware there is "Enable QoS" checkbox, but it's absent in new firmware.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Slow file download speed, can't disable QoS on Archer C2300?
2019-08-22 05:23:03

Sorry, I don't understand it, how can a company release an update that trims the functionality of its hardware? Can anyone explain it to me?

Options
Re:Slow file download speed, can't disable QoS on Archer C2300?
2019-08-22 09:06:32

@antek 

The actual speed you get from the C2300 seems normal, while the transfer speed is slow, we will do some troubleshooting and try to fix it.

What is the current network topology/diagram? How do you connect these servers to the C2300? By USB cable or wired cable/wireless?

How do you download files? Cloud you please show us a picture of the downloading speed page? 

With computer connected to the Archer C2300, please click here to check the wired/wireless negotiation speed. 

For the QoS, you can setup application priority to standard and disable the priority button under the device priority page. 

Good day. 

Options
Re:Re:Slow file download speed, can't disable QoS on Archer C2300?
2019-08-23 05:32:13

Hello @Kevin_Z, thank you for your response.

The situation however somehow resolved itself.

It might have been a coincidence that after switching to old router I was getting high speeds, and after switching to Archer C2300 I was having low download speeds. After a few days I can see that when I'm on Archer, download speeds are fast again. So I won't describe my topology since currently there's nothing that needs fixing.

Thanks again and have a nice day.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Slow file download speed, can't disable QoS on Archer C2300?
2019-08-23 07:41:05

@antek 

Hello, thanks for your reply, glad to hear that it works well now, congrats. 

You can take more time to verify its performance.

Any further problem, please let us know. 

Best regards. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2456

Replies: 4

Related Articles