Anyone here have experience with TP-link routers?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-22 05:19:26 - last edited 2019-08-28 12:19:19
Model: AC500  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Ok so i was referred to this brand routers because of their firmware. Essentially what im trying to do is create a guest network with limited bandwidth. I was told tp links firmware has an option to do this specifically. Ive tried QoS on my current netgear router but i dont believe it works properly/efficiently. Its also a nuissance trying to track down any new devices that connect to my network by mac address to setup Qos. new projects in lower parel

I have a 30 meg plan through my provider. What i want to do is create and limit a guest network so that no matter how many devices are attached they all share a capped (15meg) network. Has anyone done this through their firmware? projects in undri

Options
2 Reply
Re:Anyone here have experience with TP-link routers?
2019-08-22 05:38:16
All I can say to you is that some models of TP-LINK do not allow you to specify WAN bandwidth. The QoS in i.e. Archer c2300 is VERY limited. So if you want to have good control over QoS, you may want to choose another brand.
Options
Re:Anyone here have experience with TP-link routers?
2019-08-22 09:51:29 - last edited 2019-08-22 09:52:46

@bobbybrian 

Thanks for your requesting about the TP-link device. 

Most devices use QoS to make the router more efficiently. While there are some devices support bandwidth control for guest network, like TL-WR940N v5.

You can refer to the page 34 of the user guide for more information. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/tl-wr940n/

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 565

Replies: 2

Related Articles