Any one facing deco M9+ Instability as main deco? Next firmware update?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-22 20:20:06
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.8

I have DECO M5 system and ended up buying one m9 plus as main deco. Having instability problems ( maybe due to firmware updates on thr m5 being more recent) not sure of i did something wrong buy doing that. 

Options
4 Reply
Re:Any one facing deco M9+ Instability as main deco? Next firmware update?
2019-08-23 01:56:17

@PovoBRZdeco 

Hello, we will do some troubleshooting first and try to fix it.

1. What is the current network diagram? How do you connect these devices together?

2. What is the led status of the Deco units when you lost connection? How do you make it back to work after that?

3. At that time, with computer connected to the main Deco directly, can you access internet? Try to simplify the network diagram, in other word, connect the main Deco to the modem only and then connect your computer to the main Deco to verify whether it works well.

4. If still the same, please connect the computer to the modem, bypass the main Deco to test whether the network works. 

Below are some suggestions you can give it a go.

1. Relocate the Deco nodes.

2. Swap the locations of the Deco, setup one slave Deco to the main Deco.

3. Ensure the firmware is up to date. 

May it help and have a nice day. 

Options
Re:Re:Any one facing deco M9+ Instability as main deco? Next firmware update?
2019-08-23 14:14:54
Thanks for the quick reply and the help. I have 4 m5 decos in total. Each in a room with the main deco 9m plus in the center. The house is about 500m2. My connection speed is 250mbps wired. All decos were green at first, the wired pc was connected and surfing. Yet all other wifi devices could not surf the internet just the wired pc. I installed the m9 plus alone in the network it worked all worked fine. When i reset and added all other m5s the network the network kept falling and returning during a 2 hour period. I removed the m9 plus and reset all 5m. Created a new network and make one of the m5 as the main. The m9 plus is turned off at the moment - the m9plus does work as a subordinate but not as the main node.
Options
Re:Re:Re:Any one facing deco M9+ Instability as main deco? Next firmware update?
2019-08-28 06:20:08

@PovoBRZdeco 

Thanks for your reply. 

So can I say that the current Deco M9 plus works as the slave unit, one of the Deco M5 works as the main one, the internet works well and it is stable? 

If so, you can use them like the current settings as a workaround, once the firmware for M9 available, you can update it and setup M9 as the main Deco to give it a go.

Note: You do not have to reset them to setup  the new main unit, please refer to https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2400/

Otherwise, we can do more troubleshooting to get more details and locate the issue, then fix it. 

1. When M9 works as the main one and wired PC works well, but wifi device could not surf the internet, please disconnect all the slave Deco M5 and connect your mobile phone to the M9's wifi to verify whether it works.

2. Then you can turn on the Deco M5, try to connect a wired PC to each unit  to verify whether you can get internet from them by wired cable frist.

3. After that, you can connect your mobile phone  to Deco, M5 supports linked Deco feature, that is to say we can verify which Deco your phone has connected; we can test them one by one.

4. Besides, please click here to check the IP and gateway with mobile connected to the Deco M5. 

Thanks in advance, and have a nice day. 

Options
Re:Any one facing deco M9+ Instability as main deco? Next firmware update?
2019-08-28 10:40:05

Hello, 

I'm facing the same issue with performance speed while Deco M9 are connected with wifi.  The coverage is not good at all as at less than 10meters distance and only a small wall in between, the wifi speed is slow 50mb/s. 

I Need to reboot main router Deco M9 and Slave Deco M9.

I Have one deco on 1st floor Deco M9 Wired and used as router

On 2nd Floor Slave Deco M9 Wireless connected.

On 3rd Floor Slave Deco M9 Wireless connected.

Internet Work in all the house but even if all wireless devices are off or deconnected from Deco I need to reboot All the Deco M9 at least once a Weak.

Firmware version : Deco M9 Plus_V1_190403

ALL deco remain with green light all the time, even when speed drop sto speed below 10MBPS.

I try to swap router and slave Deco M9+ , Tried with one Deco Only, tried with two Deco M9.

I don't know what happens with this last firmware, but since I'm on last firmware version I'm going crazy.

Please do something to fix this problem soon.

Best regards

Cris

My internet connection is a 10 GB/s connection and speed test from Deco M9 router is 837 Mbps for DL and 900Mbps for UL. 

I have 3 M9 at 7-8 meters distance from each other. 

Please fix this issue asap, it's not acceptableto us it like that. 

Already tried, with single Deco, reset, reboot needed regularly. 

I'm thinking to sell it if problem is not resolved soon. 

Thanks for helping us. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1840

Replies: 4