AX6000 Slow upload speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

AX6000 Slow upload speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
AX6000 Slow upload speed
AX6000 Slow upload speed
2019-08-24 04:14:43 - last edited 2020-02-27 07:06:12
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I'm using fiber internet connection thru PPPOE connection ..  download speed 500 mbps and the upload 100 mbps before I was using c7 and c2300 thru pppoe and I'm getting the full speed on both, now I switched to ax6000 and there's no issue with the download speed but I'm facing issue with the upload speed its between 18 to 30 mbps.

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:AX6000 Slow upload speed-Solution
2020-02-27 07:06:02 - last edited 2020-02-27 07:06:40

Hi all,

If you have the same issue with your Archer AX6000, please provide the information below so that we can speed up the whole process and then do further analysis to locate it and figure it out. 

1. The current network diagram. How do you connect these network devices together?

2. The bandwidth you paid for your ISP and the actual speed you can get from the Archer AX6000. Including wired speed and wireless speed. You can show us the screenshots of the speed test results respectively. 

3. Is there any advanced feature you have enabled? 

4. Try to connect one device to the main router by wired cable/wirelessly and test the speed; and you can connect your computer to the modem directly, bypass the router to do a comparative analysis. 

5. Please ensure that the firmware is up to date, and you can change the wireless settings, like wireless channel, channel width. And you can setup QoS as standard and do not enable device priority. 

Thanks for your support and cooperation in advance. Have a nice day. 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:AX6000 Slow upload speed-Solution
2021-08-02 03:25:01 - last edited 2021-08-02 03:43:51

@Cansol 

This is a great finding. Thank you very much for sharing with the community, I hope others will solve the issue soon.

We also updated an official troubleshooting thread with the slow upload issue you reported below:

[Troubleshooting] Archer AX6000 Slow Upload Speed

Regarding the 2.5G socket, I guess you are referring to the Archer AX90, check more details here:

https://www.tp-link.com/home-networking/wifi-router/archer-ax90/

Recommended Solution
Options
80 Reply
Re:AX6000 Slow upload speed
2019-08-25 19:30:46

Any help?

Options
2019-08-26 07:52:27

@Sultanmsa 

Hello, thanks for your requesting, we will do some troubleshooting first and try to fix it. 

1. What is the current network diagram? And who is your ISP?

2. With computer connected to the Archer AX6000 directly ONLY, please run the speed test for 3 times and show us the pictures of the results. 

3. Have you ever tried to change another ethernet cable/ethernet port or change another device to test the upload speed? 

4. Meanwhile, you can hard reset it by holding the reset button/hole for 10s with it powered on to give it a go. 

5. Please ensure that the firmware is up to date as well. 

Good day. 

Options
2019-10-18 21:58:20 - last edited 2019-10-20 17:24:43

Hi!!!

Same problem here, my connection is 240/24 down/up, but the speed test from the AX6000 gets 240/14 (with luck)...

So, evidently something is wrong with the upload in the AX6000 (i've changed cables, ports, fiddled with several options, to no avail).

I've checked connecting my laptop directly to the fiber modem, and it reports 250/26 Mbps, so the problem is clearly the AX6000, i suspect it's QOS's fault, but we have no way to disable it to test this theory.

I've contacted tech support, and reported all this data.

Best regards!!!!

Edit: firmware is up to date. Tested with my old Archer C9, and no problem at all!!!

Edit 2: What i REALLY don't understand is, why in an older router you can disable QOS, and in a newer, more expensive, top-of-the-line router, you cannot...

One can think that routers evolve to have more options, not less...

It would be very very useful to have a CLI (command line interface), in every router, but more so in this high-end routers... Now we depend entirely in a new firmware, and if this is not corrected, and we never can disable QOS, we get a very expensive paperweight.

Options
2019-10-23 06:45:54

@pjaguilar 

Sorry to respond late. 

For the QoS, there is no toggle to turn it off directly; while it is divided into 2 parts, the application priority and device priority.

For the first one, you can set it as standard and ensure that  the toggles for each device under device priority have been turned off to disable QoS feature. 

Besides, I found that you raised a support ticket, and our engineer will follow it up and try to help you to fix this issue. 

You can check your inbox and keep in touch with them.

Best regards. 

Options
2019-11-07 13:49:50

@Kevin_Z I am having a very simular issue.  I am on Verizon FIOS and just replaced the Verizon Gateway with an Archer AX6000.  Previously, I was getting 300Mb down and 250Mb up, over both wireless 5g and wired connections.  Now, my download speeds have stayed consistant but the upload speeds have dropped to under 50Mb.  However, when the router performs a speed test, it is getting 650Mb down and 300Mb up.   Clearly the router is throttling Upload traffic in a major way.  I have performed these speed tests through both wired and wireless connections, with simular results. 

Please advise on how to remedy this, otherwise this thing is going right back in the box.

Options
2019-11-07 13:57:11

@Kevin_Z 

Kevin_Z wrote

@Sultanmsa 

Hello, thanks for your requesting, we will do some troubleshooting first and try to fix it. 

1. What is the current network diagram? And who is your ISP?

2. With computer connected to the Archer AX6000 directly ONLY, please run the speed test for 3 times and show us the pictures of the results. 

3. Have you ever tried to change another ethernet cable/ethernet port or change another device to test the upload speed? 

4. Meanwhile, you can hard reset it by holding the reset button/hole for 10s with it powered on to give it a go. 

5. Please ensure that the firmware is up to date as well. 

Good day. 

I contact the customer service they replaced the router and same issue .. i returned it .. and now im using cheap Dlink router with full speed and cost less than $100 

Options
2019-11-07 14:03:11

@seelymike I had several contacts with Tplink engineers, and sadly, no solution.

They tested disabling Home Care, but the issue is still there, and the only advice was: be on the lookout for a new firmware.

Its a shame, because it's a beautiful piece of hardware, but there is something wrong with the upload to some sites or services (i.e. the tplinkcloud service)...

Best regards, PAblo.

PS: One of the "solutions" was to lower the frame rate of my only camera, lol.

Options
2019-11-07 14:06:04

@pjaguilar @Sultanmsa. Ok then, back in the box it is!  Thank you both for the quick reply.

Options
2019-11-13 10:42:03 - last edited 2019-11-13 10:54:20

@seelymike  @Kevin_Z  Well after a month after the last contact with Tp-Link, back to the box with my router too.

More than 300 bucks, to the garbage, well done Tp-Link!!!!

I'm back with my old Archer C9, works like a charm, for now.

Options
2019-11-14 01:45:54

@Sultanmsa 

I see, thanks for your reply. 

Hope there will be a chance we can work together in the near future. 

Have a nice day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 4

Views: 27636

Replies: 80

Related Articles