Deco M5 and OOMA

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M5 and OOMA

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco M5 and OOMA
Deco M5 and OOMA
2019-08-26 11:59:08 - last edited 2019-09-02 02:04:16
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.2

Hello,

I have recently upgraded my home wifi and went from an Asus router to a DecoM5.

The setup went just fine however the house phone which is the VoIp service Oooma is not working at all. I have plugged my old router back it's back on.

There are no special settings that I had on my old router(port fwding..etc) it simply works.

Since this is kind of a deal breaker for me I was hoping that someone could help me and tell me what is going on or else I will have to send it back since I cannot use my phone.

The setup is very simple:  Cable Modem(dumb modem not router combo) - DecoM5- Switch (TP link 8 port)

From the switch I have few other things connected: PC, printer, IP Camera etc   They all work fine except the Oooma box who cannot get on the Internet and goes offline.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Thank you

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco M5 and OOMA-Solution
2019-09-02 01:35:47 - last edited 2019-09-02 02:04:16

Thank you for taking your time and reply.

The issue was something that I have figured out eventually. I have previosuly assigned a static ip to the Ooma in the range of 192.168.1.x and I forgot.

I have changed two routers since but luckily both matched my subnet range.

All I had to do was to match the Deco to the Ooma and change the weird,sorry :):), 192.168.68.1 to 192.168.1.1

Thank you again everything is working fine now.

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:Deco M5 and OOMA
2019-08-27 01:40:30

@rainfactor 

Hello, what is the current network diagram? How do you connect the Oooma box to the Deco M5? By wired cable or wireless? 

What is the IP address and gateway obtained by it? Can other devices in the local network can ping it? 

Try to disable fast roaming, and setup QoS as standard and remove the high priority rules. 

Besides you can try to disable the firewall/anti-virus software on the Deco app and enable SIP-ALG to give it a go.

In the mean time, it is suggested to contact the tech support of the Oooma box to get some specific help cause they are more professional about their products. 

Good day. 

Options
Re:Re:Deco M5 and OOMA
2019-08-27 10:10:43 - last edited 2019-08-27 10:28:40

Hello,

The network diagram is:

Cable modem(Technicolor TC4400)- DecoM5- TL-SG108 8-Port -Ooma

Everything is wired in with Cat6. Needelss to say that I tried few other cables just to rule that out

Ooma never appears in the Deco DHCP table yet it does on my old Asus route. The rest of the devices (pc etc) come online right away

Any ideeas why?

Thank you

Options
Re:Re:Re:Deco M5 and OOMA
2019-08-28 01:51:30

@rainfactor 

Hello, please simplify the networkd diagram first, in other word, please connect the Ooma to the Deco M5 directly, bypass the TL-SG108. Then please verify whether it shows up under DHCP client list.

Still the same, please check the IP address and gateway of Ooma and confirm whether it is assigned by the Deco M5. 

Try to hard reset the Ooma box to give it a shot as well. 

May it help and have a nice day. 

Options
Re:Deco M5 and OOMA-Solution
2019-09-02 01:35:47 - last edited 2019-09-02 02:04:16

Thank you for taking your time and reply.

The issue was something that I have figured out eventually. I have previosuly assigned a static ip to the Ooma in the range of 192.168.1.x and I forgot.

I have changed two routers since but luckily both matched my subnet range.

All I had to do was to match the Deco to the Ooma and change the weird,sorry :):), 192.168.68.1 to 192.168.1.1

Thank you again everything is working fine now.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Re:Deco M5 and OOMA
2019-09-02 02:03:38

@rainfactor 

Thanks for your valued reply, glad to hear that you figured it out finally. 

Now you can enjoy the internet with the Deco M5.

And if need more help in the future, do not hesitate to contact us.

Have a nice day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1668

Replies: 5

Related Articles