Is it possible to pair third-party powerline adapters with Deco P7?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-29 22:25:32
Model: Deco P7  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello, I have a number of pre-existing Netgear When I bought the Deco 7 system, I read in the specs that it is "Homeplug AV standard" compatible so I assumed that it was compatible with other Powerline adapters (provided that they are also Homplug AV compatible), also with non-TP-Link ones. Now that I have read more about the P7 systems, I seem to understand that it is not possible to use other powerline adaptersl

Is it possible to pair and use other, third-party Homplug AVPowerline adapters with the P7? If not third-party ones, any TP-Link adapters compatible?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Is it possible to pair third-party powerline adapters with Deco P7?
2019-08-30 01:36:44

@Hobie 

The powerline feature on the Deco P7 is used for powerline backhaul only, it cannot pair with other powerline adapters. Neither third party adapters, nor TP-Link powerline adapters. 

But they can still work together, the Deco P7 acts as a regular wireless router and you can connect the powerline adapters to it to extend the network. 

Good day. 

Options