Intermittent internet dropouts on the TPLink AX-6000

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Intermittent internet dropouts on the TPLink AX-6000

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
68 Reply
Re:Intermittent internet dropouts on the TPLink AX-6000
2020-01-03 14:57:43

@Kevin_Z 

Hi, I'm experiencing the same issue with my wifi.  I have an AX-6000 with Deco M9 Plus sytem connected as access points.  Two of the three Deco units are hardwired to the AX-6000 to ensure strong signal.  I recently added a Samsung UN65RU800DFXZA smart TV and it consistently has trouble maintaining internet connection.  It will say that it's connected to the network but there is no internet.  I have laptops and iphones that exhibit symptoms that appear to be the same (they show connected but new internet pages don't load or they say 'no internet connection').  Are there some advanced settings that I need to check or is there a firmware update that I can try?  I've ensured that all devices are using the most recent firmware as of this week.  My internet provider (Comcast) has repeatedly assured me that there isn't an issue with their service.  Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Options
2020-01-10 16:31:17

@Kevin_Z I have faced simmilar issues with my ARCHER AX6000 is there any new firmware revision planned ? where can we expect the update ? this renders WiFi almost completly unusable and to be honest my whole experience with this product is doubtful.

Is this issue offiially reported to TPLink team and will they act on it either by providing firmware fix or respecting retuns on AX6000 ?

Options
2020-01-15 14:11:47
Could you please send me beta firmware please ?
Options
2020-01-16 06:34:10

@M_W 

Hello, sorry to respond late.

What about the network connection with devices connected to the Deco M9 plus's wifi? Can they get internet? 

If only the devices connected to the Archer AX6000 cannot get internet, then we can try to install the firmware to give it a shot.

Besides, may I know can you access internet from Archer AX6000 by wired cable? In other word, does wired connection work well at that time? 

Good day. 

Options
2020-01-16 06:36:50

@JacekZebrowski 

Hello, thanks for your valued reply. We attach great importance to this issue and release a beta firmware. 

Could you please describe your issue in details so that we can verify whether this firmware suits for you. 

1. Only the wireless connection drops out now and then? What about the wired connection at the same time?

2. With computer connected to the modem directly, can you access internet? 

3. Have you ever tried any troubleshooting method yet? Any corresponding results? 

Good day. 

Options
2020-01-17 00:30:20
I'm having the same sort of issues. Is it possible to have the beta firmware to test? My Archer 6000 is working great with all devices in my home, laptops, mobile devices, Apple TV but it no longer works with my desktop Windows 10 machine with an Intel 200AX wifi adapter. The desktop works absolutely fine with a second wifi network that I have running in the home that operates on an Archer 3000 router.
Options
2020-01-17 09:01:57

@CdnBacon 

Hello, thanks for your requesting.

Cause the Archer AX6000 works well with other devices except the desktop, you can verify whether there is new driver available for the AX network adapter. 

May I know which wifi network the desktop has connected? 2.4GHz or 5GHz?

And when the desktop stops working, is it still connected to the wifi but no internet access or it lost connection at all? 

Have you ever enabled QoS yet? Try to set it up standard and clear all the high priority rules to give it a go.

Still the same, then we can try to use the beta firmware. 

Good day. 

Options
2020-01-17 10:04:49

@Kevin_Z 
Well issue Actually is that WiFi connection is estabilished and it gest 100% packet lost to the router after some waiting time connection is resumed, you can also remedy it by re connecting but when Wifi hangs re connection dosent alwys work.

Also the performance is overall not that great - i manage to get around 170 mbps on Wifi whereas on cable i easily get up to 800 mbps downstream on the same source.
Router is around 6m in a straight line from the device divided by one drywall.
Devices im using for tests are:

Huawei Matebook PRO X - intel based WIFI

LG G7 smartphone

Huawei Mate 20 Pro

Smartphones tend to suffer less on the issue but i cant say they are 100% stable - all devices have trouble on 5Ghz
I tried the following:

- Disable AX mode - no result

- Disable AC mode -> fallback to abgn - bit better stability (not completly stable) but overall hindered performance.
- i switched between 40mhz and auto channel width - i see no difference.
- I tried to use wifi analyzer app to find channell with less interference and now im choosing channel on which my network is the only one - so im guessing it is not a matter of interference.

As i can only get 170 mbps of downstream in my scenario im really really dissapointed by the product however return Policy in Poland does not allow me to retun hardware :/

Options
2020-01-26 10:02:28 - last edited 2020-01-26 15:39:54

Bought the Ax6000 router last week.

I cannot get a normal WiFi download speed at 2.4 GHz
Usually 8 to 25 Mbps max. and many dropouts.  Sometime a second 60 Mbps

Speed with 5 GHz and wired is fine with most devices, not all.
Some get the maximum speed from the provider (250 Mbps)
Although the coverage of 5G is not very large either

I have tried all the settings and nothing helps.  Also tried both earlier firmware

Always enabled QoS function is as far as i can check the cause of the low downloadspeed .......

I have replaced an R7000 for this AX6000 router because of the great specification.
Start to regret it already .....

Options
2020-01-27 11:40:26

@Kevin_Z Any chance to send me the link for the Beta firimware?

After getting the AX6000 I have rock solid 2.4 but the 5 drops all the time. Despte narrowing the bands and channel, to no avail - every so often a compter attached to the 5 loses any connection.

Kevin_Z wrote

@Nerdsinc 

May I know how did you update the firmware? The latest firmware is released already, but seems that the local website has not posted it yet. 

For the computer with Intel chipset, please refer to the statement: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2303/

Besides, you mentioned that the devices lost connection intermittently, do all devices lose connection at the same? 

What is the led status of the Archer AX6000? Please login to the web UI and get a picture of the status page. 

Who is your internet service provider as well? 

Thanks in advance, and have a nice day. 

Options
Related Articles