USB Drive, Name Changes, SDA1 to SDB1

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

USB Drive, Name Changes, SDA1 to SDB1

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
16 Reply
Re:USB Drive, Name Changes, SDA1 to SDB1
2021-10-02 19:33:54

@Kevin_Z Updated to latest (firmware version 1.1.3 Build 20210519 rel. 50598(4555), but the router still changing USB drive letters. The most annoying thing is that changes occur while using, like watching some video file.

Options
2021-10-08 07:25:42

@Zhanas 

If that is the case, we would like to follow up on your case via email. Please check your inbox and provide the information that we need.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:USB Drive, Name Changes, SDA1 to SDB1-Solution
2021-10-08 15:35:28 - last edited 2021-10-24 05:57:10

I found a workaround:

In Router setup: Basic>USB Settings>Folder Sharing> Turn off "Share All". Specify some folders to share. Now you don't have sda or sdb drive/folder in the first place. Shorter network name, no drive letter switching. Hope it helps.

Recommended Solution
Options
2021-10-09 05:45:49

@Kevin_Z 

If TP Link is able to help you, please be sure to post the solution here.

Options
Re:USB Drive, Name Changes, SDA1 to SDB1....Maybe.-Solution
2021-10-09 06:05:51 - last edited 2021-10-24 06:22:28

@Zhanas 

In response to ZHANAS workaround,

For me, this is my version info:

On my system, after logging into the router, I have to select ADVANCED tab from the top, and than on the left column, choose USB Settings/Sharing Access.

I did have the SHARE ALL toggle, which I turned off.

Than I:

1. Clicked on   +ADD
  2. Clicked Browse.
  3. Chose the top level drive/folder so it would select the whole drive.
  4. Than I named the folder SDB1, so all of my existing mapped drives would match....at least that is my hope.

So far, so good.    I will check back after a few days of testing.    I have a few other machines to check as well.

Recommended Solution
Options
2021-10-24 05:59:28
After several years(probably 5+) and a couple of TP Link routers, this solution has worked for me for 2+ weeks. Why TP-Link did not think of this is beyond compreshension. However, MUCH TO THEIR CREDIT, they do have this forum when other vendors have nothing. Very grateful to Zhanas. This solved MANY problems. TP-Link should forward Zhanas a couple of routers.
Options