How to force connect to particular Deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

How to force connect to particular Deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
83 Reply
Re:How to force connect to particular Deco
2021-05-17 21:51:54

@TP-Link This is actually becoming a concerning issue. I am having the same issue.

I have 3 P7 and 2 M5.

The Office is my main Deco (P7) and almost all of my Deco's are trying to connect to that one rather than piggybacking. 

The P7 in my bedroom has a P7 in between it and the Office (main deco), but it still decides it wants to connect directly to the Office. In conclusion this is creating terrible network issues because of the distance between them. 

Not being able to choose the configuration and which Deco's should connect to each other is becoming an issue. I wouldn't have an issue if the software told its self to connect to the closer one, but unfortunately that is not the case.

Give us an options to create our own layout. PLEASE! 

Options
2021-05-18 06:38:47 - last edited 2021-05-18 06:54:37

@TP-Link 

My house is equipped with 2 units of M9 Plus.

And always my Samsung TV gets connected (wireless) to the deco that is far away (in different floor).The nearest one is just sitting 3meters away.

I am on 100mbps internet plan, and a speed test directly from the TV, I get only around 10mbps. But if it get connected to the nearest one usually it will hit 95mbps

The workaround is I always have to manually disconnect the wifi on the TV, and reconnect back in order to get connected to the nearest one. Usually it stay like that for some days... but eventually it will drop off and go back. This only happens with my TV.

Also avoid pressing Network optimization in Advanced menu. Whenever I do this, I noticed that my TV drop off from the nearest one.

Options
2021-07-05 22:40:33

@TP-Link I see that like me, many are eagerly awaiting the same solution that will come in this version.

Will it be possible to force the 5G band too?

Deco M5 V3

One week of use.

Options
2021-08-07 18:20:08 - last edited 2021-08-07 18:22:16

@TP-Link Has this firmware been released yet? Recently purchased m5 and this is a big problem where devices are complaining of low signal due to connecting to a m5 further away. On the verge of requesting full refund.

Tried to update and says its on latest version. Reports of new firmware seems to have been going around for quite some time now.

Options
2021-08-10 09:06:25 - last edited 2021-10-26 17:19:23

@TP-Link 

Same problem is on my site. I have 3 Deco S4 1.4.3 Build 20200918 Rel.77820 used in access point mode after the main microtik router. Each AP is in separate room (3 room apartment) and all devices from my third room connected to the AP is second room. It's so frustrating, because this system was bought only because of wifi mesh feature and beamforming. So the product totally lost its value. From reading this topic I became aware that people have same problems with all Deco's models. Thanks God I haven't spent money on more expensive model of this piece of s...Valuable lesson anyway.

Options
2021-08-10 10:26:43

+ 1 for the feature. It's quite intuitive and should be built quickly. The experience is sub-optimal without it

Betacart wrote

Hi,

I am wondering, wether it is possible to set, to which Deco unit should be connected concrete device. 

My example: I have 3 Decos and in some rooms, there are air purifiers, cameras or gateway. As I checked, for example gateway is not connected to Deco, which is in same room, but to another, which is far away. And gateway reports, that signal is bad. And as I not move with this gateway, I want to force to stay connected to Deco, which is in same room, 2 meters from it, so from signal point of view, it should be much more better.

So, how to force it and how to set, that this device should be connected to expected Deco?

Thank you!

Options
2021-08-14 16:29:36

@realwingman 

having glanced through this thread, it appears that this is an ongoing issue for many users including myself. My third unit continues to connect to the base unit, furthest away from it. I am happy with the deco mesh system but cannot see how this known issue cannot be addressed quickly. I was in touch with tech support months ago and was given to understand that a new version is imminent but we wait and continue to wait😥😥😥

Denis

Options
2021-08-19 07:02:24

@TP-Link Any updates on the release date for firmware 1.6?

Options
2021-08-19 09:24:17

@TP-Link  we are all waiting for this feature, any updates?

Options
2021-09-17 00:39:37

Hi @Alexandre. 

Well written here. To make sure I have read what I think I am in agreement with you...

Let's talk "smart" lighting without a bridge. 🤨🤓

Say a company decided to come to market with light bulbs which did not need a bridge. This garage startup, that uses Super Maximum New and Improved  AOL Wireless Dial-up in their Development and Marketing, is telling the world...

Bridges We don't need no stinking Bridges.

...and shareholders and organizations are like...

Can you make them as fast as two mosquitoes who find 1000 year old stagnant water and then go to town like every minute is Saturday night?

This start up says Oh Yeah!

Consumers buy millions.

Mesh hits the market, and the lighting company does not put out a Will Not Work With Mesh Bulletin and instead condemns mesh as the Devil telling the lighting customers to get mesh out of their homes.

It's mesh causing the problems and not their bulbs that have no bridge.

If the bulbs were connected to a bridge, which they should be versus many individual bulb mosquitoes each talking out the router, then would mesh be any issue?

- jg

Options
Related Articles