How to force devices to connect to certain Deco?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-07 14:15:57
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.4.3 Build 20200918 Rel. 74289

Hi.

Can someone please tell me if I can force devices to connect to certain Deco units?

I have 2 Deco M4, one in Living Room and one in Kitchen. My TV which is in Living Room, constantly wants to connect to my Kitchen Deco, which is silly. The Living Room Deco is the main unit and being nearer, it should get better connection. But somehow it tries to connect to the Kitchen Deco.

Likewise, my laptop is connected to Kitchen Deco. I would like it to connect to Living Room Deco as well.

Appreciate if someone can tell me this can be done.

When I do get my TV connected to Living Room Deco, I disable the MESH Technology option for this device. This option supposed to turn off seamless roaming for this device. But this option does not work.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Andrew

Options
1 Reply
Re:How to force devices to connect to certain Deco?
2021-06-07 15:33:37 - last edited 2021-06-07 15:49:47

@tangyp 

It is device that decides which Deco connect to, but you can help device make the right decision.

If your TV and laptop support 5GHz, disable 2.4GHz on Main Deco network, in Deco app WiFi settings.

Also, keep MESH, Fast Roaming and Beamforming enabled.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 830

Replies: 1

Related Articles