How to force connect to particular Deco

a week ago
Model: Deco M4
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20190620 Rel. 45372

Hi,

I am wondering, wether it is possible to set, to which Deco unit should be connected concrete device. 

My example: I have 3 Decos and in some rooms, there are air purifiers, cameras or gateway. As I checked, for example gateway is not connected to Deco, which is in same room, but to another, which is far away. And gateway reports, that signal is bad. And as I not move with this gateway, I want to force to stay connected to Deco, which is in same room, 2 meters from it, so from signal point of view, it should be much more better.

So, how to force it and how to set, that this device should be connected to expected Deco?

Thank you!

Options
5 Replies
Re:How to force connect to particular Deco
a week ago

@Betacart 

Hello, you can turn on the specific Deco unit only and connect your device to it.

Then you can click the internet icon and hit the Deco unit you have connected and turn off the mesh for the client you use. Then it won't roam between Decos seamlessly.

May it help and have a nice day. 

Options
Re:Re:How to force connect to particular Deco
a week ago

Hi,

thank you for reply. And if I want to connect to one out of three Decos, should I power off remaining 2 including Main Deco?

And do same process in each room?

Definitely, I would welcome option to manually select Deco, which I want to connect to, if MESH switch will be OFF.

Jirka

Options
Re:Re:Re:How to force connect to particular Deco
a week ago

@Betacart 

Sorry to tell you that there is no option to force connect to a particular Deco yet. While we have noted that and will remind our R&D team about this request once we got more similar data.

For now, we may need connect a device to the specific Deco first and disable mesh.

And theoretically, the device will select and connect to the wifi network with better performance automatically.

May it help and have a good day. 

Options
a week ago

Hi,

thank you. I tried steps by your suggestion, but it is hard to manage lots of devices and even I tried to assign device to particular Deco, after that, it was linked to different.

Anyway, if there will be possibility to add this in future, it will be nice.

For now, I given up this and turn mesh for all as it was before.

Thank you

Options
a week ago

@Betacart 

Thanks for your reply, sorry for the inconvenience caused here.

For the feature, we have noted that and will keep an eye on the similar feedback. Then we will remind our R&D team with more data.

Best regards. 

Options