Certain devices cannot connect to Deco M4

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-09 18:51:58 - last edited 2021-02-09 18:53:28
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.4.3 Build 20200918 74289

Hello TP LInk community,

So I am posting my question here and needless to say I am a bit unhappy :(

I purchased a deco M4 last year and all was well until the recent update (well not so recent but the 20200918 build), where the security was improved.

Previously all devices connected to the network well and everything was communicating nicely, however after the update I am seeing some issues.

My setup is such that I have 2 decos, and I am usually connected to the second deco.

My phone and my laptop connect fine, however my kindle, printer and my camera can't seem to find the network at all when doing a scan.

So here is what I tried to get this to work:

1. Reset and recreate the entrire network -> still no luck
  2. I noticed that the second deco was connected to 5Ghz, so I switched it off and that resulted in my wifi on all my devices being connected but no internet on 2.5GHz. 
  3. Moved the Decos around the house, but still no avail

So I ask what else can I do, the last resort is for me to try and downgrade the decos, but that seems like a bit of mission.

Please can you help a community member out.

Thank You

Jainesh

Options
5 Reply
Re:Certain devices cannot connect to Deco M4
2021-02-10 05:54:12

@Jainesh 

Hi,

Could you please try to enable the guest network for 2.4ghz only and leave the main network on the 5ghz, then check whether the devices could detect the wireless network and have internet service on the 5ghz?

By the way, how long have you had the Deco and when did this issue start?

Thanks and wait for your reply.

Options
2021-02-12 14:33:03
Hi, I have enabled the guest network on 2.4GHz, however I cannot see the network when trying to scan for networks on my second deco. I used my kindle to scan for networks and it cannot find the guest network. I also used my phone to see if it can see that network but that too couldn’t find it. However when it is close to the primary or first deco it can find the guest network. This issues have occurs recently, but I have noticed the degrading once the new update was applied. Thank You
Options
2021-02-15 20:44:29
I did some more digging, and it seems that my second deco (not main deco) is only beaming the 5GHz and not the 2.4GHz. I would need it to beam 2.4GHz for all my devices to connect. How would I go about this?
Options
2021-02-16 15:36:39 - last edited 2021-02-16 15:37:02

@TP-Link 

Here is a screenshot of my second deco...why don't I see 2.4Ghz?

File:
Deco Screenshot.jpgDownload
Options
2021-02-17 03:05:37

@Jainesh 

Hi, thanks for your update.

It is very likely the 2.4ghz Wi-Fi module on the 2nd Deco has been broken.

Please wait for a while and I might need to check with the engineers to see if there is any other solution except the replacement.

Thank you very much for your understanding and support.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 558

Replies: 5

Related Articles