Why are my posts being deleted?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Why are my posts being deleted?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
26 Reply
Re:Why are my posts being deleted? Q
2020-06-18 21:10:40

@Yahyoh I have 500/500 fibre and this has worked solid with my M9+ V2, where 2 of them are connected using a CAT6 cable and the 3rd using Wifi. The other day the speed dropped to just under 100/100 Mbit/s and I was curious why.

The main Deco is connected to a Zyxel VMG8825 in bridge mode, the Deco runs as router. When I see the speed drop to <100 Mbit/s I simply disconnect the ethernet cable between the Zyxel and the main Deco, wait a few seconds, and reconnect. The speed is then instantly back to 500/500 Mbit/s without rebooting anything. So it seems Deco is causing it.

This has happened a couple of times, but not every day.  We have had very warm days when it happened (close to 30C inside) so I am thinking maybe the Deco is capping the speed when it gets too hot.

Options
2020-06-22 11:19:45

@Yahyoh 

I actually found the answer, kinda hidden, above:

Have found that some cables provided with gear from the provider or other router manufacturers may say they are rated for 5e/6 but in fact are not. Those flat cables seem to be the worst in this case.

I switched out the flat cable to a 5e of my own. It's been working since then, the Deco consistently reports ~900 mbit on selftest and my devices get between 400-600 each, depending on how advanced their own wifi is.

For now, I regard my own issue as solved.

Options
2020-06-22 14:19:21

@MartinSWE actually already tried with 2 deferent cables and the issue still happening, and worst is running the deco in access point killis around 40% of the speed ugh

Options
2020-06-23 20:03:24

@Yahyoh Did you try turning off all QoS and setting limit to 1024? I only have the one, so I can't replicate your problem but I did all that and switched cable at the same time so I can't actually be sure it's the cable...

I'm going to try some QoS-settings for a few days and see if it's software or hardware.

Options
2020-08-21 03:47:05

Giving this a bump. Can anyone let us know how to get the "unreleased" (beta?) firmware that's mentioned above as fixing this issue?  Thanks!

Options
2020-08-31 02:26:13

@Bobsmith 

Bobsmith wrote

Giving this a bump. Can anyone let us know how to get the "unreleased" (beta?) firmware that's mentioned above as fixing this issue?  Thanks!

Ditto. Anyone? This is key...I know many of us have speeds over 100 mbps. Having this limitation isn't just inconvenient, it disrupts fundamental performance of basic network functions. Please release the fix for this asap.

Thanks.

Options
Re:Why are my posts being deleted?
2021-02-15 08:08:14

@TWPS Hi, what is the status of this 1 Gbps downgrade to 100 Mbps going on with Deco M9+ units?

Reading up on these issues, it seems it still persists for some/many (all?) users?

I am seeing some issues on an office network using M9+ that some devices are not connecting to the closest node for some reason. Will do some observations on that matter and if it still persists later this week. Are there any particular physical objects or materials that tend to hinder connection signal? (for example how does glass/windows work with signal?) And how does beamforming "enabled" setting inside Deco app affect the connection for devices (laptops and mobile phones) to the closest node (ie. with the best connection)?

Thanks for your help!

Best regards, Tobias

Options
2021-02-15 10:22:21

@Wassbergh Try switching out the flat ethernet cable to a stock 5e (or higher) of your own. Since I switched cable I have had no more issues, independent of other settings.

Options
2021-02-20 19:43:19 - last edited 2021-02-20 19:52:52

@TWPS Got a new M9 3 weeks ago.  Two dozen devices of all kinds on it. Here's the performance I get:

- 1GB Fios with Cat6 between ONT and Deco base (Verified speed on previous router)
- At Deco base:  600/800Mbps (down/up=d/u) measured in deco app. 

- Laptop WiFi to base 400/400Mbps d/u. 

- Older mobile phone WiFI to base: 250/250 u/d.  Same phone on satellite unit (WiFi backhaul base): 91/94 d/u. 

- Desktop to base 90/92 d/u.

What I want:

- 1 GB d/u at base when measured in app

- 800+Mbps d/u WiFi from any WiFi unit (base or satellite)

- 1 GB d/u from my wired desktop to base unit

I've tried all config changes possible to no avail.  QoS, base resets and reboots, New Cat5e, Cat6, Cat8 cables, base swap, turned 2.4 Ghz off, got firmware upgrade, tried 2 new PCI desktop network cards (just in case that was the issue), etc. nothing works.  No matter what I do... here's what I consistenly get:

- Bad:  600/800 d/u at base when measured in app

- Acceptable: Wireless devices seem to be either max device WiFi spec or max 2.4 Ghz WiFi speeds when WiFi to Base.  I wish new laptop would get 800+Mbps via WiFI 5 Ghz.

- Bad: Throttled 100 d/u max for all wireless devices when hopping through any satellite Deco unit wirelessly backhauling to base

- Bad: Throttled 100 d/u max for Cat5e/Cat6/Cat8 wired desktop to base Deco.

Verdict: 

- Obviously the Deco is throttling down bandwidth both through wired RJ45 connected at the base and through the WiFi backhaul.  THAT IS NOT WHAT YOU SOLD ME.

- No fixed posted in this thread - poor support of known issue?

- Deco M9 is about to be returned for another brand. 

- The device doesn't work as advertized and it's been out for a couple years...

- The Deco App is awesome (despite not allowing to control throttling limitations mentioned above, but those are likely firmware/hardware limits).

- Really wished this worked... devide foot print, wifi range and app are good... but I bought this unit for its advertiozed speed specs also!

Options
2021-02-20 22:26:32 - last edited 2021-02-20 22:27:07

@NotARobot 

I have two M9s in my Deco mesh: one is Main and another is Satellite, uses wireless backhaul.  Let's compare our Deco mesh systems performance.

This is what I have.

Deco M9 Plus, firmware 1.4.3.

Deco mode: Access Point

Deco WiFi: 2.4GHz disabled, 5GHz enabled

Internet: gigabit download

Signal Source quality, from Satellite to Main Deco:

Max download speeds observed, with ideal testing conditions, taken from multiple runs of speed test:

LAN, desktop wired to Main Deco: 940Mbps 

WiFi, Android smartphone to Main Deco: 630Mbps

WiFi, Android smartphone to Satellite Deco: 400Mbps

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>Throttled 100 d/u max for Cat5e/Cat6/Cat8 wired desktop to base Deco.

Configure Network Card settings to force gigabit speed full duplex instead of default "Auto Negotiate," re-run the test with desktop wired to Main Deco and Deco mesh in Access Point mode.

For my networking card, that setting is here:

Options
Related Articles