noob - is it possible to connect a streamer device directly to one of the deco units

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

noob - is it possible to connect a streamer device directly to one of the deco units

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-09-10 06:42:50
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I just setup my 3 pack mesh as access point.

I was wondering if it's possible to connect a streamer device directly to one of the deco devices I have in the living room.

Thanks everyone

Options
6 Reply
Re:noob - is it possible to connect a streamer device directly to one of the deco units
2019-09-10 06:53:12 - last edited 2019-09-10 06:53:46

Hello,

Each Deco M5 comes with 2 ethernet ports. If you want to connect them directly (instead of using wirelessly), sure you can do it. Simply connect ethernet cable one to Deco M5 and one to your streamer device.

Options
Re:noob - is it possible to connect a streamer device directly to one of the deco units
2019-09-10 06:54:18

@karatekid 

For your information, each Deco has 2 ethernet ports, the network devices can connect to it to get internet. 

Theoretically, you can connect the streamer device to the Deco by ethernet cable to get internet.

While please verify whether there is any other settings need to be done to make it work with their tech support.

Good day. 

Options
2019-09-10 16:14:04

@Boriy my question was about connecting a different device,  not another deco.  Can I connect a steamer directly to one of then instead of wirelessly?

Options
2019-09-10 16:17:11

@Kevin_Z that's why I asked.  I understand that usually deco can be connected together wirelessly or through ethernet port.  Couldn't find any information if any other non deco device can be wired too and if I need some special setting

Options
2019-09-11 02:14:52

@karatekid 

Thanks for yoru reply.

I got your point, please be assured of it, the 2 ethernet ports are LAN/WAN ports, except connect it to the other Deco by wired cable, we can also connect your wired devices, like desktop, TV or so to it by cable to get internet.

As my knowledge, some common wired devices are plug and play, but others need enable some other settings to make themwork after plugged it into the ethernet port of Deco, like port forwarding, that is the reason why I mentioned the special settings. 

Wish I make myself clear.

Best regards. 

Options
2020-01-12 11:49:49
Quick answer = yes
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1353

Replies: 6