P7 firmware 1.3.1 firmware bug??

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-09-16 05:09:25
Model: Deco P7  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.1

I just update P7 to latest firmware 1.3.1, but i notice something.

P7 have powerline feature. The adapter itself have a led to indicate whether the powerline backhaul is working or not.

Red= powerline not working,

Green= powerline working.

After i update to 1.3.1, my both unit P7 power adapter is showing green led, but inside deco app, the 2nd unit P7 signal source show is connected thru wifi.

Which one is correct? Pls advise!

Options
8 Reply
Re:P7 firmware 1.3.1 firmware bug??
2019-09-16 10:31:56

@Splee 

its the same for me...my most attended feature was related to see the powerline speed to find the best place to positioning decos...at the moment i cannot understand this info

Options
2019-09-16 16:01:01

same here, both decos show low wifi as signal source...

Options
2019-09-16 16:04:40

@levo 

exactly..and i notice that all the client avoid these “low wifi” decos ( i have 2/4 decos without devices connected, these are the 2 decos with low wifi signal that i would connect with powerline)

Options
2019-09-17 01:28:08

Hi @Splee and all,

It is NOT a bug, for the current firmware, it still uses the led status on the power adapter to indicate whether the powerline backhaul works, and only the ethernet and wifi are the available signal source options.

Besides, as long as the Deco P7 shows green on its power adapter, the powerline backhaul will work, and the wifi backhaul and the powerline backhaul can take effect at the same time.

For the signal source option, the powerline backhaul may be added in next firmware. You can keep an eye on official website.

Good day. 

Options
2019-09-17 06:36:14

Hi @Kevin_Z,

thanks for your reply; i’m no sure about what you said and i’m going to explain the reason:

I’ve all the powerline led on solid green but all my devices avoid to connect to decos with “low wifi signal source” even if the distance is about 15cm; it seems like the decos doesn’t redistribute correctly the connection because it feels a bad wifi signal fron these satellite.

i think that connect a device to 10meters satellite is not a good strategy if there is a setellite in 15centimeters.

this firmware seems to be a really good update but the most important feature (for my opinion) is related to the decos speed connection each other to understand the best position.

thanks

Options
2019-09-18 07:29:00

@Petrinho 

What do you mean that the devices avoid to connect to decos with “low wifi signal source? Could you please provide more details?

Does it affect the actual performance of the Deco mesh network?

What is the current network diagram? How do you connect these devices to each other?

Have you ever tried to relocate the Deco units and make them further away from each other? 

Good day. 

Options
2019-09-18 09:15:53

@Kevin_Z 

thats my configuration:

4 decos connected only via Wifi and powerline (no ethernet from each other), from the app i can see this configuration:

Study (Main Deco)---> Living Room Deco--->Bedroom Deco 

Study (Main Deco) ---> Terrace Deco (positioned in closed local) 

these are the related connection info from the app:

Study ---> Living Room connected via 2.4/5Ghz Wifi with 1/3 strenght (yellow wifi icon)

Living Room--->Bedroom connected via 2.4/5Ghz Wifi with 2/3 strenght (blue wifi icon)

Study --->Terrace connected via 2.4/5Ghz Wifi with 1/3 strenght (yellow wifi icon)

all the decos have Solid Green led on the power adapter.

from this new firmware i expected the possibility to see how much the powerline "help" the backhaul speed (something like Study--->living room connected via 2.4/5Ghz Wifi with 1/3 strenght (XXMbps) + POWERLINE 3/3 SIGNAL STRENGHT (XXMbps) for a total bandwitch of XXMbps).

assuming that the led green on the power adapter means that the poweline is actually support the backhaul speed (even if is impossible to see from the app), i notice that devices that are distant few centimeters from a slave deco (connected to the Main via 2.4/5Ghz Wifi with 1/3 strenght) avoid to connect to the the slave but they prefer to connect, for example, to the main deco distant 10 meters and with 4 walls between.

let me say the last thing to answer if it affect the actual performance of the Deco mesh network...DECO system works VERY WELL, its a fantastic product and its the product that will give me to choose tp-link again for the future...so thank you, i really appreciate your support and this community.

Options
2019-12-12 11:37:07

@Kevin_Z 

looks like there is a bigger problem with P7. Me and my friend have exactly the same issues on the new firmware. It was running fine for a month or two. Until a new firmware released. Sometimes p7 works with full speed and low pings 9ms... sometimes ping is 1666ms and speedtest is failing. All is fine when I am 1-2meters close to the antenna. When I move 3-4 metrrs away the problem persist. Reboot will help for 5 minutes. Please fix it asap. We paid a lot of money to have a wifi signal is every part of oir houses and it is malfunctioning. Not nice :( 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1967

Replies: 8