Deco P7 no powerline backhaul indication in app (firmware 1.3.1)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco P7 no powerline backhaul indication in app (firmware 1.3.1)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
64 Reply
Re:Deco P7 no powerline backhaul indication in app (firmware 1.3.1)
2019-10-25 01:06:52
How did you get to the point where someone was willing to debug your system and help? So far support has just had me sending a million speed tests and screenshots of my link speed, even though I know my devices are fine. Testing each individual deco, etc. The decos have been very unreliable for me. Both of my decos get their signal from the main node instead of the closer one. I wish support would stop giving me the run around lol.
Options
Re:Deco P7 no powerline backhaul indication in app (firmware 1.3.1) UPDATE
2019-10-25 07:22:30

@Razr In my opinion it shows that the webserver is in place - the step to exposing data there is almost trivial, and we need to make sure they know there is enough interest there to give us access to this data.

One can but hope.

Tor

Options
2019-10-25 07:27:27

@Razr I never raised a support ticket - the only contact I have had with them until the call was set up was through this forum. It may have been because I supplied opinions underpinned by facts? I have set up my own continous latency monitoring as a good example, making it easier to describe the problme and find the cause of the problem than just a vague complaint?

All my postings are available on the forums here - so I guess that there was something there that caught supports interest.

Tor

Options
2019-10-25 08:11:15

I think it would be useful to be able to manually specify and lock down which node connects to which other node, for both the powerline and wireless backhauls.Displaying RSSI, or some other signal quality indicator, for both backhauls between nodes would help.

Options
2019-10-25 08:40:33

@bds_  And the information is readily available in the OS - from one of my nodes (sorry about the bad formatting)

wlanconfig ath13 list

ADDR               AID CHAN TXRATE RXRATE RSSI MINRSSI MAXRSSI IDLE  TXSEQ  RXSEQ  CAPS        ACAPS     ERP    STATE MAXRATE(DOT11) HTCAPS ASSOCTIME    IEs   MODE PSMODE

b6:be:76:e1:ff:f3    3   48 390M      6M   24       0      24    6      0   65535   EPs         1         4b              0          AWPSM 139:21:24 TP IEEE80211_MODE_11AC_VHT80  0

as far as I can see this is the powerline interface (I may be wrong (-;) - and you can see the link running at 48 Mbit/s down and 6 Mbit/s down. And the RSSI is also there.

So from my point of view there is little work that needs to be done to expose this in the web interface.

And some network structure data that would also be helpful when you place your nodes :

~[ main ] 168: get network info success!~
~[ main ] 169: The number of remote devices in the network is 5~
~[ main ] 174: host: C4:71:54:BE:0C:xx     avgRx is 77     avgTx is 85~
~[ main ] 174: host: 34:E8:94:40:05:xx     avgRx is 182    avgTx is 156~
~[ main ] 174: host: 34:E8:94:13:27:xx     avgRx is 150    avgTx is 171~
~[ main ] 174: host: C4:71:54:BE:11:xx     avgRx is 11     avgTx is 11~
~[ main ] 174: host: 34:E8:94:40:09:xx     avgRx is 317    avgTx is 241~

If I had this available when I placed my nodes I would have avoided a lot of frustrations.

So a question for TP-Link - what about giving us access to all this data - my ADSL router is a Fritzbox, and I can ssh into the OS of the box, and they give me lots of good data available in there web-based user interface as well, making me a very happy customer, and has solved a lot of issues with our ADSL line without having to call support?

Could you please follow up their example - I bet this could sell a lot more P7's. Or at the very least answer questions easier.

Tor

Options
2019-10-25 09:35:55

@Tor-Arne Very interesting. It would indeed be very helpful to have this data available when setting up the network.

Do you know if the network config is setup once, then saved, continuously dynamically adjusted, or reconfigured after every power cycle?

Options
2019-10-26 08:26:19

@bds_ It's dynamic - it will have to be in a mesh network. In my case changing the RSSI values made all the difference in connecting to the stringes signal, not anything else.

Tor

Options
2019-11-03 16:39:50

@Kevin_Z 

What are the updates from TP link on getting the access to change settings and monitor powerline as the last few posts on this chain noted helped resolve some (all?) of the P7 connectivity issues?

Can you reach out to your managers and update us? Thanks.

Options
2019-11-10 01:25:02

@Kevin_Z 

Hi, I wanted to follow up as it has been a week since I posted the last message and it has been without updates from customer support. Here it is submitted again:

What are the updates from TP link on getting the access to change settings and monitor powerline as the last few posts on this chain noted helped resolve some (all?) of the P7 connectivity issues?

Can you reach out to your managers and update us? Thanks.

Options
2019-11-15 09:16:46

@MeTPForum 

Hello, there are some misunderstandings. 

First, the led on the power supply shows green does mean that the powerline backhaul takes effect, while it is not the actual speed you can get from the Deco.

In other word, the green led light does not mean that you can get more than 50Mbps from the Deco definitely. Instead, the actual speed is related to the modem, main Deco, distance, obstacles and so on. 

Back to your case, I have to say that the current speed from the slave Deco is slow, but we can do further troubleshooting to locate the issue and try to fix it.

Besides, I found that you raise a support email with some information provided, please keep in touch with the engineer who will help you.

Wish your kindly understanding. 

Options
Related Articles