Deco P7 -- should i use AP Mode or Router Mode?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-09-17 20:10:40 - last edited 2019-09-17 20:31:31
Model: Deco P7  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: newest one

1. Hello guys, i have a fritzbox 7590. my Principal Deco is connected via Ethernet (on the fritzbox)

the other 2 are connected with powerline/wifi. do i need to use router mode or AP Mode? i was using Router Mode all the time.

2. my power adapter on one of my decos is yellow. what does that mean? this deco is connected to a deco that is farther away than the other one, is it possible to somehow bypass this and make it connect with the one closer to it?

3. where in the app can i see with what my deco is connected, with powerline or wlan etc?

4. one off my decos failed the firmware installation what do i need to do? i can link a photo why i see this.

mx english is bad but i hope you guys can help me! 😃 Edit: here the picture, my deco blinked green and i restarted it vecause it blinked green 10minutes after firmware upsate. now it is only green (like it needs to be) but now i think it has the old firmware.

Edit 2: i have connected my main deco to a rj45 "socket" in the wall that connects to the fritzbox.  is there a problem?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco P7 -- should i use AP Mode or Router Mode?
2019-09-18 01:53:43

@kostaK 

The Deco P7 supports router mode and access point mode both, you can choose one of them based on the actual network requests. Below is the difference between router mode and AP mode. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2399/

The yellow led means that the connection speed is lower than 50Mbps, or connection failed. You can change another socket to plug it and make it green. 

The current firmware does not support showing up powerline backhaul, only ethernet and wifi backhaul are visible now. However it may be added in next firmware. You can keep an eye on official website or Deco app. 

For the Deco which failed to update the firmware, you can login to the web UI of the Deco P7 to upgrade it or configure the slave Deco as the main one and do the firmware upgrading. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2400/ 

May it help and have a good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1424

Replies: 1