force device to always connect to a specific deco?

force device to always connect to a specific deco?

107 Reply
Re:force device to always connect to a specific deco?
2020-12-08 16:52:29

@Jorguieta I can confirm the toggle off does absolutely nothing.   I need the same capability.   I see that TP-Link support has not been helpful at all. Just canned responses.

Options
2020-12-27 05:05:32

@TP-Link_Deco is there a timeline when we may see this update to assign Devices to specific pods. I have cameras that bounce all around the network and when they connect to

farther pods it causes issues with recordings and live view feeds skipping. 

Options
2020-12-30 15:48:25

@TP-Link_Deco is there a URL or TP-Link area where this particular issue (and others for that matter) can have their priority rated? It would be especially useful feedback to customers *and* development engineers alike to know that issues have either low, medium or high priority from either perspective. ('hope' for customers and feedback to engineers that they are addressing what customers perceive as important) 

Options
2020-12-30 15:59:33

@TP-Link I did this (turned off mesh on my TV from the app) the satellite units seem to have no memory of this setting and seem to 'decide' to use an inappropriately positioned unit furthest from my TV. 

I appreciate that under the bonnet there's complex 'optimisation' decisions taking place (power line vs WiFi, satellite A vs satellite B) but what we're witnessing here is system connections which are wholly inappropriate. (made more difficult by a lack of override for testing purposes) 

Options
2021-01-09 18:59:55
I've been having this same problem but just found something that worked for me. In the Advanced settings there is an option called "Fast Roaming" that was disabled for me. I turned this on and my computer immediately attached to the nearest router. Likely the connection point is initially being set from its prior connection, creating a pattern that is hard to break, but with this option it will then look for the best connection as it "roamed".
Options
2021-01-10 12:12:39

@zacster No help for me I'm afraid, I've had fast roaming enabled since setting everything up and it hasn't helped at all. 

Options
2021-01-12 02:24:14

I have the X20. How often does tplink update the firmware?

Options
2021-01-17 04:28:29

Razr wrote

If we disable mesh tech on a device, it will only connect to the last deco it was connected to? Or the main deco?

@Razr 

Nope tried that today.. I FINALLY got my device (SMART TV) to connect the deco nearest and strongest and then turned off mesh hoping ot would stay connected to that deco. 

Without changing anything it is now once again connected the the deco that is furthest away wirh the weakest signal for no reason at all. 

Options
2021-02-01 03:02:22

TP-Link_Deco wrote

Hello @WilsonC and all, thank you all for the valued suggestions.

Sorry that there is currently no ETA that we can provide when the Deco will support the feature to connect a specific client to the specific Deco, while we do get the response from our Developers that this will be added in the future 1.6.x version, we hope you could pay more attention on your Deco app in case there is a newer version for the Deco device.

You may try to forget the wireless connection on your devices and connect to the Deco wireless again when it is beside the node that you want to connect, then confirm whether it will connect to the one that you require.

Good day.

Has this been released? I'm gonna have to return my m60 otherwise. My Xbox keepa connecting to the weak point and lagging me out even though I've forced it to reconnect to the close one @TP-Link_Deco 

Options
2021-02-04 00:16:43 - last edited 2021-02-04 01:01:58

@TP-Link_Deco You are disappointing us. Let’s get a fix that works. I turn off mesh network the devices still hop to other decos

Options

Tags

Feature Request
connection preference
Related Articles