Deco series: can they be connected via a wired network to one another?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-09-23 17:25:42 - last edited 2019-10-10 02:42:02
Model: Deco  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi everyone,

I am thinking about buying one of the Deco packs with the goal of getting one WiFi network to cover my whole house.

I already have a number of wired network points around the house in a 'star' configuration.  In the centre, I have a router to which each wired connection is connected, along with the broadband modem which gives all the wired endpoints internet. I'd ideally like the Deco units to connect to each of the wired points and talk to one another via the wired network, whilst providing a single seamless WiFi network across the house.

Can someone tell me if any (or all?) of the Deco models support this configuration?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Simon.

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Deco series: can they be connected via a wired network to one another?-Solution
2019-09-30 05:56:41 - last edited 2019-10-10 02:42:02

@SimonM 

Hello, the Deco units can connect to each other by wired cable and wireless, and each Deco has 2 ethernet ports, we can connect wired devices to Deco to get wired connection. 

While the main Deco need connect to the main router/modem by wired cable to get internet first. 

The Deco supports wireless router mode and Access point mode both.

May it help and have a good day. 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Deco series: can they be connected via a wired network to one another?-Solution
2019-10-10 02:41:36 - last edited 2019-10-10 02:42:09

@SimonM 

Hello, if the router located in between is the main router, you can connect all Deco units to it by ethernet cable and configure them as access point to build up the mesh network. 

If it is a switch, you can connect them as you mentioned. switch connects to the main router, and the other 2 slave Decos connect to the switch by ethernet cable. 

May it help and have a nice day. 

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
2019-09-30 05:56:41 - last edited 2019-10-10 02:42:02

@SimonM 

Hello, the Deco units can connect to each other by wired cable and wireless, and each Deco has 2 ethernet ports, we can connect wired devices to Deco to get wired connection. 

While the main Deco need connect to the main router/modem by wired cable to get internet first. 

The Deco supports wireless router mode and Access point mode both.

May it help and have a good day. 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Deco series: can they be connected via a wired network to one another?
2019-10-02 16:40:19 - last edited 2019-10-02 16:43:01

Hi Kevin, Thanks for your answer. Can I ask for a clarification please? Can Deco units connect to each other with a wired connection when a router is in-between?

So here is my desired setup:

[deco unit]------[router/switch]------[deco unit]

|

|

[deco unit]

Will this work?

Thanks, Simon.

Options
2019-10-10 02:41:36 - last edited 2019-10-10 02:42:09

@SimonM 

Hello, if the router located in between is the main router, you can connect all Deco units to it by ethernet cable and configure them as access point to build up the mesh network. 

If it is a switch, you can connect them as you mentioned. switch connects to the main router, and the other 2 slave Decos connect to the switch by ethernet cable. 

May it help and have a nice day. 

Recommended Solution
Options
2019-10-10 11:10:15
Great, many thanks Kevin_Z - this was the answer I was looking for. Kind regards, Simon.
Options
2019-10-11 01:09:02

@SimonM 

Thanks for your reply Simon, glad  to help you. 

If need more help in the future, do not hesitate to contact us. 

Good day.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1308

Replies: 5