Data Storage and management

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-09-24 18:45:03
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Where is the data stored for the app?  Setup info and log data?

On the phone?

On the Deco devices?

In the cloud?

If I cannot connect to the internet can I still manage the Deco system?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Data Storage and management
2019-09-25 01:37:55

@dippy 

These info will be stored on the Deco itself.

You can view setup info on the Deco app, under advanced-more-IPV4 page; for wireless settings, you can go to wifi page. 

Meanwhile, you can access the web UI of the Deco to get the setup info.

For the system log, you can go to system-system log on the web UI.

May it help and have a good day. 

Options
2019-09-25 14:43:05
Why do I have to have a TP-Link ID to set up a deco system? 2. Log in or sign up with TP-Link ID Open the app. Use your TP-Link ID to log in. If you don’t have a TP-Link ID, tap SIGN UP. The Deco app will guide you through the rest. What data is being gathered when I login?
Options
2019-09-26 11:43:54

@dippy 

The configuration settings are stored on the Deco itself, including the WAN configuration parameters, and some advanced features. 

While once you bound the Deco to the cloud account, some device info will be stored on cloud server, like the model number of your device, its MAC address; while they are secured and accessable by admin only, other users won't be able to access; And usually we use these information to help you customer to locate the issue and find a solution. 

May it help and have a good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 806

Replies: 3

Related Articles