Deco E4

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco E4

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco E4
Deco E4
2019-09-27 20:27:54 - last edited 2019-10-11 01:25:06
Model: AC500  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

The problem occurs when the 5GHz is turned off.

There is a periodic discconection of the local wi-fi network, and this is especially noticeably for smartphones and tablets.

Wi-fi interrupts even when the band 5GHz is "on" ,but much less ... even with one connected device!!!

Deco E4R

AC1200

https://www.tp-link.com/bg/home-networking/deco/deco-e4

Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco E4
2019-09-28 14:06:28

@rojy1 I have the E4 and only one device seems to disconnect randomly from the wifi network comes back eventually though. 

I happened to be in the same room on my device when my family member moaned as she thought i turned the wifi off but ofcourse  i hadnt.

My deco's are in Access Mode with the Main router still inuse as i need bandwidth control which the E4's appoach for this wasnt good enough.

All connected by Ethernet as shown in the app. They are always showing as "Online".

Currently: Disabled Fast Roaming and BeamForming.

I do have a Guest network Also in affect but i that cant be why this one Device Drops. The user is has the passwords to both Network SSIDS and no matter which wifi it drops.

TDLR; Mum going mad at me. IDK what to do as i can't find a fix as i belive i have tried every configuration for this deco.

Options
2019-09-29 06:17:37 - last edited 2019-09-29 06:22:09

@rojy1 

Thanks for reminding us that the Deco E4 is not there, we have added it. 

Back to your case, what is the current network diagram? How do you connect these device together? 

And you said there is a periodic discconection, how often it drops connection? What is the led status of the Deco E4 when the connection lost?  

Is it still connected to the Deco's wifi but no internet access or it disconnects from the wifi network totally?

When the wifi lost internet, can you get internet from the Deco by ethernet cable? 

And is there any message on the Deco app? 

Good day. 

Options
2019-10-11 01:32:12

@rojy1 

Hello, sorry to respond late. Cause the pc and laptop work well with the Deco network except the Android device, first you can try to upgrade the OS version; 

Then try to forget the network and reconnect to the TP-Link Deco's wifi. 

Meanwhile, please check the IP and gateway obtained by your Android device when it failed to access internet. And try to ping the gateway of the Deco E4. 

You can enable guest network and connect them to the guest network and test the performance. 

Besides, you can hard reset or change their locations to give it a go. 

Good day. 

Options
2019-10-15 07:19:12

@rojy1 

Thanks for your reply, and glad to hear that the Archer A7 works well as expected. 

While we are still sorry for the inconvenience caused here. 

If need more help in the future, please feel free to contact us.

Best regards. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1870

Replies: 4

Related Articles