Parental controls : time limit not effective

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-09-30 15:16:39
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have bought the Deco M9 Plus last week and am very impressed with the quality of the WiFi signal.

i have also configured the Parental controls, however I wonder if it is able to use them properly with the iPhones of my kids.

i have configured that they are only able to use the WiFi 1 hours per day. However since there are a few apps and system services who connect to the internet (eg iCloud) in the background, my kids run out of available time much faster than based on their actual use (and hence they complain when their time is over)

any idea how to solve this (and please don't suggest to stop the background processes or apps - that's obviously not a solution !!)

Options
4 Reply
Re:Parental controls : time limit not effective
2019-10-23 06:30:05

@Htenbos 

Below is the instruction to setup parental control on the Deco. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1598/ 

You can use the insights to verify the time duartion that the specific services use, and then you can add it to the time limit. 

Or as far as I know, we can remove those applets from the background to avoid them accessing internet. 

Good day. 

Options
2019-10-24 10:28:50

@Htenbos I have the same !
Still arguments and crying kids, when the time is up too fast ..... 

Options
2019-10-24 13:38:49

@Htenbos 

You need to use something like the Apple equivalent of this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.screentime.rc

For parental control on phones.

If for nothing else than the fact that your child could simply turn off wi-fi and use mobile data or indeed an app that doesn't need any connection. Therefore controls of that nature need to be done at Device level and not Network...

Options
2020-05-14 16:28:11

@tgo 

Sorry but this "flaw" in the system makes the whole screen time useless.

instead of the option to block the process in the insights, there should also be an option to ignore some background processes.

I have the same issue with Android devices, a lot of screen time goes to facebook or whatsapp which is running in background only or is not even installed on the devices.

I hope there will be an update soon.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 2039

Replies: 4

Related Articles