Internet doesn't work as well as expected

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-01 17:33:52 - last edited 2019-10-25 11:09:20
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi, 

A couple months ago i've bought the triple deco m9 plus. I want to connect all three of them by wire on the router (because i can i think it should be better). How can i do this? Do i need to put the modem in Bridge mode? What is the difference between star network and daisy chain network? Could someone tell me how to deal with this. I tried many things but i don't know how to install it properly.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Internet doesn't work as well as expected-Solution
2019-10-08 03:13:45 - last edited 2019-10-25 11:09:20

@LeonardHeul 

Hello, if you want to connect all the three Deco to the main router by wired cable, you need configure them as access point mode. 

And you need put the mode, in modem router mode. 

For the difference between star network and daisy chain network, it is more like the differences between router mode and AP mode, which you can refer to https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2399/

Or you can put the modem in bridge mode and setup one Deco as the main router and connect the other 2 to the main Deco by wired cable to boost signal.

May it help and have a good day. 

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Internet doesn't work as well as expected
2019-10-01 17:55:02

@LeonardHeul 

Yes, you should turn on AP mode to use it that way. 

Options
Re:Internet doesn't work as well as expected
2019-10-01 17:56:32

And does my Router/modem need to be in bridge mode or not?

Options
Re:Internet doesn't work as well as expected-Solution
2019-10-08 03:13:45 - last edited 2019-10-25 11:09:20

@LeonardHeul 

Hello, if you want to connect all the three Deco to the main router by wired cable, you need configure them as access point mode. 

And you need put the mode, in modem router mode. 

For the difference between star network and daisy chain network, it is more like the differences between router mode and AP mode, which you can refer to https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2399/

Or you can put the modem in bridge mode and setup one Deco as the main router and connect the other 2 to the main Deco by wired cable to boost signal.

May it help and have a good day. 

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 698

Replies: 3