Bandwidth control for archer c6 (EU)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-04 07:25:18
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Wondering why bandwidth control is not available, when it says on eu archer c6 webpage.

When contacted support they said it disabled and might be available in future.

But Why?

And Previously I owned Digisol router for past 6 years and it had that functionality at that time

And not i current times. Strange?

wanted to opt for mu mimo router so tried with tp link but major functionality loss :/

Options
3 Reply
Re:Bandwidth control for archer c6 (EU)
2019-10-08 08:53:39

@HM1992 

Hello, the Archer C6 does not support bandwidth control, instead, it supports QoS to make you setup different priorities for different devices, which is much easier and more efficient. 

You can refer to chapter 8 of the user manual. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/archer-c6/

May it help and have a good day. 

Options
2019-11-03 09:47:00 - last edited 2020-02-28 11:48:51

@HM1992 

I use IPTV option, so QOS says "not available if IPTV enabled". Why? My old router could use Qos and iptv at the same time.

Options
2020-03-07 19:20:57

@Kevin_Z What if I need to limit my guest network to lower speed? QoS doesn't provide this kind of things. How can I achieve that?

Every router in this range supports bandwidth control. Then why it's removed in this one?

We need bandwidth control in archer c6 , please. So that I can limit speed on my guest network/main network.

Please reconsider to add this feature back in this router.

Options