How do we share some.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

How do we share some.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
13 Reply
Re:How do we share some.-Solution
2019-10-30 12:22:22 - last edited 2019-10-31 01:41:10

@Kevin_Z 

>>>Try to update the OS version of your iPhone 8 and change another device.

I am running IOS 13.2 - it's the latest short of running betas. 

I loaded the app on my ipad running ipados 13.2 , logged in with my wife's credentials, and it works fine.

Just for thoroughness, I check the iphone - still not working - I delete the Kasa App, power the phone off completely, boot up, reload the App from the App Store, and "IT WORKS".... Goodness only knows what was causing it to fail - I had tried 20-30 times.

>>> At the same time, can you wife access the 2 devices with her account? 

Yes. From both her Iphone 8 and her Ipad (both running 13.2)

>>> What is more, you can hard reset the 2 devices to reconfigure them with your wife's account on your cellphone to give it a shot. 

Hard Reset - please explain that process (just in case - for future reference)  - I have tried powering them off completely (unplugging from the wall).

Reconfiguring with my wife's account on my phone - that is now moot.

Thanks for the help.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:How do we share some.
2019-10-31 01:40:34

@MisterQ 

Thanks for your reply, first it is glad to hear that you figured it out finally. Congrats. 

It is hard to say what was causing it to fail, but I think that there may have something thing wrong of the communication between the kasa app and the iOS previous version. 

Anyway, cause it works now, we can let it go for now; and for the reset process, for the smart plug, you can hold the settings button for 10s; for the smart bulb, turn it on and off for 5 times at a slower rate to hard reset it. 

May it help and have a nice day. 

Options
Re:How do we share some.
2020-05-26 13:36:18 - last edited 2020-05-28 13:03:12

Thank you for creating this thread, OP. I had a very same problem, but now it's solved.

Options
Related Articles