Google Home Authorisation

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-14 04:10:41 - last edited 2020-09-07 06:24:20
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I see they have finally added Deco Smart as a linked service for Google Home devices, I assume you will be able to control the Deco units like you would on Amazon Alexa.

I can select Deco Smart then get fill in the TP Link login, next you get a page with the option to authorise. Normally after this you could then select the room for the device then it would be added to your Google Home. However after selecting authorise it then just boots you back to the Google Home main page with no new item added.

Has anyone been able to add thier Decos to their Google Home yet? I know in some brochures it says this feature is coming 2019 so maybe they have only just activated it?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Google Home Authorisation-Solution
2020-08-12 16:49:53 - last edited 2020-09-07 06:24:20

I have tested this myself and my DecoM5 is successfully connecting and accpting commands from Google Home. Attached is my DecoM5 version and short video is at https://youtu.be/W6LdW0Y4krw

Recommended Solution
Options
18 Reply
Re:Google Home Authorisation
2019-10-14 15:28:22 - last edited 2019-10-14 15:29:19

@Macgyver 

I am having the same issue.

It asks you whether you have already bound your TP-Link account to Google Home.

I thought that was what we were trying to do.

I did notice that the email address that was displayed in the Authorize screen is not correct (one letter is wrong) even though I entered the correct email address initially. I double checked this several times.

Perhaps this is the issue.

Best regards,

Tony

Options
2019-10-14 21:22:29

@TonyFrend 

I just checked and the spelling is fine. Best guess is that they haven't put out any news about it so maybe the system is no live yet.

I also have a few Kasa devices (also linked to the same TP account) and the procedure to add them is the same but they then show up as devices in Google Home.

Hopefully they will have it up and running soon, it would be nice to have the same voice controls as the Amazon Alexa system.

Options
2019-10-16 07:28:18

@Macgyver 

Hello, may I know where did you see the message that the Deco units support Google home now? 

As far as I know, the Deco supports IFTTT and Alexa only yet. 

And you can show us a screenshot of the link page and error message. 

Thanks in advance, and have a nice day. 

Options
2019-10-16 13:15:08

@Kevin_Z 

Via the Google Home app, Set up>Works with Google (search for Deco). Please note, the screen has displayed a one letter error in the email address displayed (I am certain I entered the correct email address)

Options
2019-10-17 07:45:29

@TonyFrend 

Thanks for your explanation.

We did a test our end and we can link the Deco smart successfully and the email address is correct.

Back to your case, could you please unlink it first and start from the scratch and shot a short video to us?

Thanks in advance, and have a nice day. 

Options
2019-10-17 08:20:13

@Kevin_Z 

As requested here is the TP Link 2019 SOHO Catalog that refers to "Works with Google Assistant" being on certain models of Deco units.

https://static.tp-link.com/2019/201903/20190315/2019_SOHO%20Catalog_2.22.pdf

Options
2019-10-17 09:41:39

@Macgyver 

Thanks for your explanation.

For the Google Home compatibility feature, there do have a plan to add it to Deco, while our engineers are still working on it, the feature is not available yet, that is why there is nothing happened after you linked the Deco smart. 

You can keep an eye on official website for the updates. 

Good day. 

Options
2020-02-11 19:10:06

@Kevin_Z 

Hi Any updates on when this will be available, I can see Google Assistant in the "Friends of Deco" tab but when clicking it just says "Coming soon".  This has been displayed for a few months now with no update.

Thank you in advance,

Options
2020-03-15 05:55:14 - last edited 2020-03-15 06:04:08

@Kevin_Z  Software supports seem to be lagging behind. Seen the Google Home features for months and still is "coming soon". Also, my Deco M9 plus latest update was in Aug 2019. Either the firmware is perfect or this product is consider EOL by the company.

Options
2020-07-30 23:14:54

@Unixtan The recent UK firmware update (1.4.1) on the M4 Decos actually reports compatibility with Google Assistant, and still doesn't work.

Same Authorisation issue reported by the OP. Doesn't instill any confidence.

Anyone found a solution, workaround or had anything positive from TP Link support?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 9675

Replies: 18

Related Articles