Problems with wi-fi connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2012-12-27 18:34:34
Region : UK

Model : TL-WPA281

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have excellent wi-fi optical fibre broadband speed in Room 1 where my BT HomeHub Router sits. Problem is that only 25 metres away in Room 2 I have a very weak and intermittent connection. Have tried different channel settings and unplugging any likely causes of electrical interference and still no joy.

So I purchased this kit to tray and get a wi-fi signal in Room 2. Set-it up and the ethernet cable connection works fine. Then went to set-up the tp-link wi-fi connection and this is even weaker than the existing bt wi-fi connection despite siiting right next to the tp-link acces point. I have tried different channels on the tp-link set-up but no better.

but there are a couple of peculiarities that might provide some clues:

1. When i turn the tp-link powerlines off at the mains, the tp-link wi-fi network still seems to show up on my laptop

2. On my laptop the tp link network wi-fi signal shows as excellent strength until i try and connect to it when it goes down to one bar

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Simon
Options
1 Reply
Re:Problems with wi-fi connection
2012-12-27 20:41:03
"On my laptop the tp link network wi-fi signal shows as excellent strength until i try and connect to it when it goes down to one bar."

So strange ? Maybe there is some compatibility problem between your wireless network card....?
How about the signal quality on your other wireless devices in the same place ?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 485

Replies: 1

Related Articles