QOS how to use?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

QOS how to use?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
QOS how to use?
QOS how to use?
2019-10-15 19:25:53
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.0.11 Build 20190726 rel.57101(4555)

Hello

In old firmware TP-Link Archer C7, I use % usage prority for 3 group devices.

In new firmware there is only options of Priority and it not usefull.

Can anyone tell me how to use new QoS settings in new firmware ?

Options
3 Reply
Re:QOS how to use?
2019-10-16 02:41:44

@RaTaJus 

Hello, the QoS feature has been improved with the firmware upgrading.

After you go to Advanced-QoS and enable it, please enter the upload and download bandwidth provided by your internet service provider. Click Save.

Then under Device Priority, find the specific device and toggle on Priority. Click the entry in the Timing column and select the time duration you want the device to be prioritized for.

May it help and have a nice day.

Options
2019-10-16 18:14:00

@Kevin_Z 

Kevin_Z wrote

@RaTaJus 

Hello, the QoS feature has been improved with the firmware upgrading.

After you go to Advanced-QoS and enable it, please enter the upload and download bandwidth provided by your internet service provider. Click Save.

Then under Device Priority, find the specific device and toggle on Priority. Click the entry in the Timing column and select the time duration you want the device to be prioritized for.

So now there is only ONE priority level? Im in the old firmware and im able to set 3 levels of priority, now watching that picture and reading your post it seems that we only have No priority and a priority level in the new firmware.

I dont have the last firmware to test but i dont see where this is a QoS improvement, im pretty sure im not understanding something.

Options
2019-10-21 06:12:56

@WhiteMoon 

Hello, actually, there will be 2 priority levels, the middle and high. 

The devices with priority toggled on has the high priority, while the devices without priority option turned on has middle priority. 

It does not just change the levels simply, but improve the algorithm/logical of the QoS which helps to take full advantage of the total bandwidth. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 766

Replies: 3

Related Articles