Deco M5 source signal selectable?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M5 source signal selectable?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
333 Reply
Re:Deco M5 source signal selectable?
2020-08-20 12:45:37
Got it! I don't have this kind of issue here. My devices roam perfectly...
Options
2020-08-30 18:25:23

@Kevin_Z Is there an update to this issue?

Just bought the M5 thinking it was a proper mesh solution (as advertised) yet the daisy chain link isn't an option to configure....

Thanks in advance.

Options
2020-09-05 05:12:10

@Kevin_Z 

Time to get serious about this. These units aren't cheap. No reminding anymore but doing!

NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER!

Options
2020-09-06 10:40:49 - last edited 2020-09-06 10:41:50

Same problem here. My third deco keeps connecting to the main. I dont understand why. My second deco has much stronger connection. When i reboot the third it connects to the closest (second) and I get much faster and stable connection from the third. Thought it would work like a chain. Please release a fix for this annoying problem.

Options
2020-09-10 00:01:16 - last edited 2020-09-10 00:04:38

Well, maybe, and it's a huge maybe, I find a way to fixed it, or at least, bypass it...

I have three m5's. The master is about 10ft away from the second, and the last one is about 60ft away, the position is in an "L" shape... 

2..........................................3   (not in scale)

The farterst one always (ALWAYS!) connect to the master.

So, this is what i've been done:

- I removed the farterst one with the mobile app, and "turn it off" from the outlet

- Then I cuted it off the second one and waited for the blue light,

- This time, in the "Find a suitable spot" screen, I choosed the "3+ floors" option.

- Finaly I did the same with the last one.

So, now, I have a beautiful inline mesh :

That's all, folks!

Regards.

Rodrigo Zarth

Options
2020-09-10 11:59:33
I reset my system a while ago (factory set all 3 units) and forced the daisy chain as follows: 1. Started Main, got it online, assigned, OK. 2. In the same room, I started and connected the 2nd, then once it was stable, I unplugged and moved to a farther location. Plugged it in and waited to connect. 3. For the 3rd, I set up in the same room (actually within 10 feet) as the 2nd. Basically the 3rd did not have a chance to see the Main (Master) because it was overwhelmed by the signal of the 2nd. Once it was up and stable, I moved it to the farther room. Issues: We had a power loss some time ago and my generator does not power the outlet for the 3rd unit. So when it did come back it "forgot" what to do and connected to the "weaker" Main unit. So Rebooted the Main and while it was down, the 3rd unit connected to the 2nd because there was nothing else to do! Sure there was no Internet, but these units are looking for a connection first, Internet second. So the 3rd connected to the 2nd and was happy. And when the Main came back online AND had Internet, they were reconnected in daisy chain! Of course... I have NO idea whether this will stay this way...
Options
2020-09-10 12:17:05

The solution with rebooting works but as soon as you reboot your decos again at the same time, it connects to the main deco. Weird that tp just cant make a solution hidden in advanced settings or something where I can choose a connect chain.  

Options
2020-09-14 15:23:07 - last edited 2020-09-14 15:24:32

@Kevin_Z 

Kevin,

Is there an update to this issue? It's maddening that my 3rd unit continually connects to the Main unit, even though the 2nd unit is half the distance. My 3rd unit connection is soooooo poor, the devices connnected are unusable. 

Options
2020-09-17 10:54:43

When this option becomes available?

Options
2020-09-19 20:44:44 - last edited 2020-09-19 20:45:50

@MackPhoenix62 

Same problem here. Third unit connects to main unit althought it has a lot better signal from the second unit (they are in a line (main unit "1" --20m-- "2" unit---15m--- "3" unit).

We need a manual option to specify the chain. Like I want this unit to connect to this other unit. 

Also I amb experiencing issues with the second 5 Ghz connection ("the backhaul" triband device, I have M9 plus instead of M5 but the main issue is the same ). Why it takes so long to be online? usually 5 to 10 minutes ?

Options
Related Articles