Deco M5 source signal selectable?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M5 source signal selectable?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
333 Reply
Re:Deco M5 source signal selectable?
2020-12-13 21:21:15

@MackPhoenix62 this is ridiculous, really! Same problem here...

This is not the cheapest mesh solution out there, TPLink is not supposed to be a Chinese knock off company also, thought we've been more than one year waiting on a solution for this.

Disgraceful!

Options
2020-12-14 18:59:56
I left a harsh (but fair) review on Amazon. They quickly responded to my comment. Funny how they ignore us here, but not on amazon, where negative reviews impact sales.
Options
2020-12-18 10:17:51
Have the same issue, I see that tp link keeps to ignore this issue and feature request, so it was my first and the last tp link product. Going to refund it.
Options
2020-12-25 14:02:33

@TP-Link_Deco . It is must to have a selectable . All these suggestions are just patch work which does not work . I bought 2 more devices without realising it has this problem and now returning both of them.

Options
2020-12-25 14:02:37

@TP-Link_Deco . It is must to have a selectable . All these suggestions are just patch work which does not work . I bought 2 more devices without realising it has this problem and now returning both of them.

Options
2020-12-26 15:43:11

@TP-Link_Deco  having the same problem.

The 3rd Deco is always selects the signal source of the main Deco at my basement with weak signal.

It ignores the one (2nd Deco) at my first level which picked the signal source as main Deco at basement with good signal.

I recently bought this ... anyways to have my 3rd Deco to cover my second level with good signal strength. If not I may have plan for a return

Pls assist.

Options
2020-12-26 15:43:43

I am having same problem- if I unplug the main deco and then start them one at a time it all looks good on the map - daisy chaining to each other - BUT then after 10 mins they all attach to the main deco unit again with obviously a slow speed on the furthest one away - is there any way to resolve this ?

Dave

Options
2020-12-29 02:36:24

@Jaycool 

I just got my devices today but they are M4 but this method could also work for your version as I was having the same issues with the secondary boxes connecting to the main.

What I did was browse to the local address of the TP-Link that you want your other devices connect to then go to  "System Parameters and check the two checkboxes Enable IGMP and Enable WAN Unicast press save then press reboot.

As your device is rebooting and is almnost finished rebooting let's say (80%) quickly reboot the devices you want to connect to this box through the app and then at the same time reboot the main device. Hope this solves your problem!

Jay 

Options
2021-01-09 15:45:42
I agree we need to be able to select the source in the app which has the best signal I have 6 decos and my furthest away is selecting the main deco which is far away creating a poor WiFi signal in that area the reason I bought the kit and 6 decos was to extend the signal and have great WiFi in every part of the house not a deco connecting to the furthest main unit with a useless signal. Poor shout for an expensive system.
Options
2021-01-09 15:54:50

Slightly off topic.

But I recently tried the Google Mesh Wi-Fi system. Expected big things looking at the specs, it being twice the price and it being designed by the mighty Google. However this system not only suffered from exactly the same issue, but performed a lot worse than the M5, so difficult to set-up and configure, battling error messages for 3 hours. The range was shockingly poor by comparison.

So the question is what do we need to upgrade to? To either resolve the issue? Or improve the speed significantly so the drop off between hops isn't as noticeable. I'm considering upgrading to the X20, but will this have the same issue?

Thanks guys.

This problem is silly, but having tried and researched various systems. This is a great product for its price.

Options
Related Articles