Deco M5 source signal selectable?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M5 source signal selectable?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
333 Reply
Re:Deco M5 source signal selectable?
2021-02-18 01:17:57
Hello, I have the TP-Link Deco x60 and have been experiencing the same problems. Do I download this using the default way you would update the router’s firmware or do I need to go through a different process for this beta firmware?
Options
2021-02-18 16:32:27

@Rioja  

I answer myself.

How little happiness lasts in the poor man's house!

In my post yesterday February 17, I gave the news of the formation of a mesh network with my five decos m5, after two years of possession.

24 hours my joy lasted. Today I detected a failure in the internet signal of my ISP, I suppose it could be the reason, but the mesh network has disappeared.

I give up doing any testing and until the new firmware arrives, I will not touch anything at all.

Options
2021-02-18 17:29:46

@Rioja you should touch it... 

Touch it to return the whole lot and ask for a refund...

Options
2021-02-20 12:57:17

@ TP-LinkI don't know why, but the mesh has been recreated with my five m5 decos.

I can say that the mesh is perfect, as many times I had thought it had to be formed.

The whole set works wonderfully with extraordinary optimal performance.

The pity is that I am sure this situation is not permanent and I will lose it again and I am not convinced it can be re-formed as it is now.

I want to tell Tp Link. that gives us the possibility of permanently maintaining a configuration that works optimally once achieved and if a change occurs due to an extraordinary circumstance, to be able to recover that configuration.

I am not a computer engineer, but as a user I realize after a little more than 2 years of handling the m5 decos, that it is essential that Tp Link give the user the possibility to decide the way that the decos are linked to form the mesh, and for conformist users who do not want to complicate, an automatic form that goes in the software created by tp link.

The "Network optimization" option is not enough. We want to decide certain things ourselves

Greetings and Cheers!

Options
2021-02-20 18:08:35

@Olafmol 

Hi, 

could you please send me the link to Deco M5 beta firmware for testing.

I have the same issue and I would need to connect to another M5 as satellite as one of the M5's is too far from the main deco.

thanks

Options
2021-02-21 02:19:47

@TP-Link 

how can I download the beta firmware?

I have a network with 5 x M5 in a large house over 3 floors and would like to test the source optimization 

thank you. 

Options
2021-02-21 06:50:13

@JMussi don't bother, I have the beta firmware and it's not solving anything unfortunately. The furthest deco still connects to the main deco, even though there is another deco close by. How often I press the "optimize network" it stays this way and tells me "network is perfect" LOL. 

Options
2021-02-21 07:51:24

@Olafmol 
Could it be that , even though the main source is further away, it is still faster than using the 2nd inbetween ?
Yes, the signal is maybe a little less solid due to the distance, but if for instance only the 1st/main source is wired
and thát signal is acceptable , than the speed may be higher over-all ?

In my house i have three in a straight line.  The 1st ánd 2nd are both wired, and 3rd is wireless
So there is no argument there for my 3rd nót to take (the best signal / same wired-speed) 2nd one
And skip the main 1st one.

Options
2021-02-21 09:36:35
I don’t think so. I bought the deco solution with 3 decos because I had issues reaching my WiFi router downstairs from the top floor attic. The idea was to have an intermediate step in between so I don’t need to pull utp wires from ground floor to the attic. But the result is that I still have a crappy WiFi bandwidth from attic, only the WiFi strength is better as the deco is close by. This is not a mesh. It’s a star topology.
Options
2021-02-21 09:39:59
The only time the attic deco will be connecting to the intermediate deco is when it really cannot reach the main deco downstairs. The priority it gives to connecting to the main deco is really much higher than to other “slave/mesh” decos. This is where the system is failing.
Options
Related Articles