Archer MR400 disconnect from internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer MR400 disconnect from internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
67 Reply
Re:Archer MR400 disconnect from internet
2020-04-01 17:17:20

@Nickatsikas 

All

at 3rd of Feb I posted my results:

2. Added-reserved IP address for wired device; in the router ( see manual 11.4.3)

- Limited issues with Internet connection for equipment (mobiles) connecting once per 3 days

- have to reboot (power off-on) only if wired connection has an issue ( 2-3 times per week)

- Internet connection does have limited issues ( about once per 2 weeks)

3 Today 03-Feb

- we did add on the wired equipment, a fixed ip address as well; so no DHCP anymore used

- we did add to the wired equipmen fixed DNS address (8.8.8.8)

- we did add to router 2 DNS addresses ( 8.8.8.8 and 4.4.4.4)

Since then the link keeps up and running.

Our equipment is located in a sportclub room, so we cannot test it any minute; I need to drive to it; but via the alarm instalation I see that that is now always functioning correctly.

Can I ask e.g. Mr Bonn or others to test the same? So fixed ip addresses via mac address, on both sides, the pc and in the router. And add also DNS addresses both both.

Options
2020-04-02 21:38:51 - last edited 2020-04-27 17:04:32

Some good news here...

2 days without disconnections on 4G so far. Stable 75% signal strength all day long ...and nights of course:)

what I've found is that router's signal strength rating is not that accurate when on "4G preferred" mode and/or, maybe other close-by WiFi devices especially in the same room may conflict - interfere with the router's LTE antennas reception thus confusing signal and making readings inaccurate.

What I've done first is I switched on "3G only" and adjusted antennas by rotating them in different angles until I got the most stable signal. Notice: Not the highest number, just the most stable even if it is 25%, that doesn't changes to 0% or to 50% or to 75% back and forth every 5 minutes or so. I managed to adjust antennas so I got 25% stable signal that showed 50% or 0% for a while, but mostly was stable at 25%. After some hours I switched to "4G preferred" and left it there and guess what ...it lasted overnight with signal 0% to 25% on 4G without any disconnections at all. I could even see sometimes the bands changing from 3 to 7 or to 20 via frequent click-refresh on the "advanced" header in the router's UI.

Conclusion for me is that signal in my location finally proved poor, no matter if router reads 75% or 100% sometimes, so I purchased 2 of those sweeties in the picture below for €3.00 each.

Mounted them on top of the roof outside with a distance of about 1.00m between them, so no interference with other WiFi devices because I also have 4 Sonoff wifi switches in a box inside the router's room which is a tiny room about 1.5X1.5m.

Now I have a real 4G signal, very stable always at 75%.

Thank you all for your help and advices! Stay home!

Cheers

Nick

edit: 3 weeks+ after 4G external antennas fitted, no connection loss at all, although signal may drop at 50% or even at 25% sometimes, depends on wind strength and direction, humidity etc. So far, all good for me with standard-automated configuration by network carrier.

Options
2020-04-05 18:41:52

@Benkhof 

Is it just me or fixed IP addressed of course don't make sense given various use cases of a SoHo / domestic Wi-Fi connection? 

I am struggling to see this as a viable way forward.

I mean, it would be like saying you can only connect 1 wireless device to the router, which makes the router equally useless.

Options
2020-04-06 11:00:29

@Guillaume_1978 

Guillaume

we have both fixed-wires and wireless devices; since have fixed ip addresses for the wired devices, we have no issues any more as well on the wireless devices.

Options
2020-04-13 23:05:35 - last edited 2020-04-26 16:06:03

I had the same situation as another users. My Internet conection was very unstable. I had to restart the router several time in one hour. 

My solution: Advanced options -> operation mode -> then I changed the default option from 3G/4G Router Mode to Wireless Router Mode. It helped me a lot. Now I haven't any problems (30min using Interent without problems (unnormal situation)  ). If this solution will help you, let me know.

EDIT: Still is working well. (12hrs)

EDIT2: Nevermind... problems are back.

Options
2020-04-29 18:49:43

Yeah same here. Bought the router and it kept disconnecting. I replaced the sim multiple times thinking it was that. Then realised it was the router. Exchanged it and the same thing keeps happening. Disconnects. Changed evey setting under the sun but doesnt stop. Most fustrating thing ever to be honest. Latest firmware etc etc. Sad thing is that it works the best out of all my routers but Im rebooting every 10 -30 minutes. Cant work like this.

Ha ha just disconnected before I sent this. Switching over to the ol trusty slow asus router to send this. Oh man

Any fixes for this?

Options
2020-04-29 18:50:12

Yeah same here. Bought the router and it kept disconnecting. I replaced the sim multiple times thinking it was that. Then realised it was the router. Exchanged it and the same thing keeps happening. Disconnects. Changed evey setting under the sun but doesnt stop. Most fustrating thing ever to be honest. Latest firmware etc etc. Sad thing is that it works the best out of all my routers but Im rebooting every 10 -30 minutes. Cant work like this.

Ha ha just disconnected before I sent this. Switching over to the ol trusty slow asus router to send this. Oh man

Any fixes for this?

Options
2020-04-30 07:05:13

@Bobisbob 

I eventually send mine back to Amazon and they gave me a full refund after I explained that I have been in contact with TP Link since January to try and resolve the problem.

I thought I found a solution a couple of days ago by changing my APN for the Three network in the UK from the default that was picked up when I inserted the SIM card: "three.co.uk" to "3three".  I got this from a neighbour who also switched to Three and has not had any probllems with the latter APN, however he is using a Netgear M1 4G router. £300 though, ouch.

I thouhgt it fixed it but the the TP Link was just as unstable with the internet connection.

I am back in the market - looking at Huawei B525 or B535.  Looked at AUS (very expensive) and D Link (same sort of costs but old tech).  The TP Link MR600 seems really fast but on its forum stream there are similar "disconnect from internet frequently" posts.

I also found similar posts on ?Huawei feedback on Amazon, so I am not sure if the 4G route manufacturers have actually got a hand on this technology other than the ones that costs the same as my PC.

Good luck all.

Options
2020-05-03 11:42:20

@Benadie911 

Awesome. Thanks for the tip. I had mine for over a year but decided I would try and amazon didnt even hesitate. Full refund. Gonna get another asus with AImesh. Nice one thanks for the tip dude:)

Options
2020-05-03 12:15:32

@Bobisbob Hello! I would like to exchange mine through amazon, too, but I don't have any packaging left, etc.  How did you manage a return without any of that?

Options
Related Articles