Revert Firmware for Archer C6 EU v2

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-22 08:12:44 - last edited 2019-10-22 08:33:08
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.0

I have recently updated firmware to 1.1.0 and it has been causing many issues with the wireless. Cable connections are perfect whereas wireless drops heavily in bandwith to few kbps every 15mins and takes a while to get back up. I require the firmware 1.0.2, please provide me with it so I can revert back to how it was.

Firmware file I am looking for is:  v1.0.2 Build 20180810 rel.36826(4555)

Options
6 Reply
Re:Revert Firmware for Archer C6 EU v2
2019-10-22 09:08:54

@rvnge 

Below is the download link of the firmware for Archer C6. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/archer-c6/#Firmware

For the speed issue, we can do further analysis. 

1. Who is the ISP and what is the bandwidth you paid?

2. The speed you can get from the C6 by wired cable and wireless separately.

3. Click here to verify the wired/wireless negotiation speed.

4. Try to customize the wireless settings of the router, like wireless channel and channel width. 

Best regards. 

Options
2019-10-22 09:41:18 - last edited 2019-10-22 09:50:55

1) The ISP is Triangle solutions BD and I paid for bandwidth of 6Mbps 2) Wireless speed is 195Mbit/second but my wired PC connection is 1.0Gbps 4)I have tried to customize settings and I had no luck. Problems started to occur when I updated firm to latest version (link you attached) which is why I am asking for assistance to revert to my old firmware which I remember was v1.0.2 and build number stated in my initial post.

Options
2019-10-22 09:46:48
Further problem explanation: What happens for my wireless devices is (which never happened before the update) the bandwidth suddenly drops and for example download speeds go from 1.2megabytes per second to 10kilobytes per second and after some time it automatically again gets back up to 1.2megabytes per second. If it doesn't get back up automatically, I need to change channel of router from auto to something else which again gets speed up temporarily to 1.2mbps and then the same issue happens again. Also, during that time, accessing my router customization page, login page etc takes a long time to load compared to my PC where it loads in an instant and there is no issues in downloading etc like the one mentioned above
Options
2019-10-22 09:48:06
@Kevin_Z please assist me as all my work is on my macbook and it has no ethernet ports, without fixing this router I am going to be facing lots of troubles.
Options
2019-10-23 02:24:26

@rvnge 

For the firmware you mentioned, we figured out that it was released in Japan. Below is the download link:

https://www.tp-link.com/jp/support/download/archer-c6/#Firmware

So I'm curious where did you buy this router? And please ensure the country version of your device which is on the pack panel. 

Note: We suggest you customers to upgrade firmware from the local TP-Link official website of the purchase location for your TP-Link device, otherwise it will be against the warranty. 

For the unstable wireless connection, try to forget the network and reconnect to  the router or hard reset the router to give it a shot. 

Good day. 

Options
2019-10-23 06:29:15

@Kevin_Z  I am having the same issue with the same router. Router firmware version (1.0.1 Build 20180627 rel.42764) country of purchase India. Tried Hard reset , formatting the phone but still no help. Tried with other router it works fine.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 5702

Replies: 6

Related Articles