Powerline Adaptor utility/software problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2012-12-29 02:49:12
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WPA281

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-PA211KIT

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version : Unknown

ISP : Virginmedia (National)

I'm using the TP-Link TL-PA211KIT to get my Broadband connection to my main PC in the back bedroom (thick steel framed walls scramble wi-fi).

No the connection seem to be working fine (although it was a faff to get the two adaptors to pair at first), but if I fire up the 'Powerline Utility' software it doesn't show either of my adaptors! :confused:

and when I hit 'Scan' or even try and connect manually, and put the Passcode in, I get an error message,

Has anyone had this happen?, manage to solve it?...

I can't use any of the extended functions of the adaptors!, But my Internet connection and Movie/Music streaming from my PC to TV/Blu-Ray player work fine!!

My main question is, Will it stop me from adding another adaptor?? as I need to move my router and this means that I need another adaptor for the TV/Blu-Ray players (plus a network switch). :)
Options
2 Reply
Re:Powerline Adaptor utility/software problems
2012-12-31 21:58:29
Is the software installed on the main computer that is connected to the TL-PA211 by the Ethernet cable? This error message normally happens when the physical connection is not correct. What is more, sometimes the firewall or the anti-virus software will prevent the software from working properly.
Options
Re:Powerline Adaptor utility/software problems
2013-01-01 00:13:42
It's the only PC on the network and it's connected directly via an Ethernet cable!.

I Temporarily turned off my Anti Virus software (Avast), and I've added an exception to the Firewall for the Powerline Utility, I even tried turning off (temporarily) the Firewall!! and I still get the same error message!!
Options