AX6000 Dropping WAN IP in Dynamic IP Mode (Superloop NBN)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-25 02:35:00 - last edited 2021-04-06 06:31:04
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.6 Build 20190822 rel.26396(5553)

Hi, 

I have an AX6000 that I have connected to an HFC based NBN connection with Superloop. Connection method is via Dynamic IP and it connects fine and runs for days with out an issue.

However, every few days the interenet is "disconnected" and I have to log into the web admin interface and manually release and renew the IP to get the internet to work again.

Seems like there is no auto connect feature available with the way I have it setup, and that somehow the lease on my public IP is somehow expiring or something and not being renewed.

Anyone have a similar problem or any ideas?

Thanks,

Uriah

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:AX6000 Dropping WAN IP in Dynamic IP Mode (Superloop NBN)-Solution
2019-12-16 03:58:54 - last edited 2021-04-06 06:31:04

@Crazy4wifi I managed to stop the issue happening by disabling all the TrendMicro security/virus functionality...

TP-Link have offered to work with me on identifying the related software issue but I've been travelling and not had time to take them up on their offer.

I've not had a single drop or forced reboot since I made the above mentioned change.

Recommended Solution
Options
23 Reply
Re:AX6000 Dropping WAN IP in Dynamic IP Mode (Superloop NBN)
2019-10-25 06:51:06

@ujaus 

Hello Urial, we do not receive such feedback yet, while we can do some troubleshooting first. 

1. What is the led status of the Archer AX6000 when the router lost connection?

2. Please login to the web UI and take a picture of the advanced-status page to show us.

3. In the meantime, please connect your computer to the NBN box directly and verify whether you can get internet at that time; and please click here to get the IP address and gateway of your PC. 

4. Please ensure that the firmware is up to date. 

Good day. 

Options
2019-10-25 07:04:22

@Kevin_Z 

Thank you for your reply.

1. I will take note of the status light colour next time this happens

2. The status page is still populated with IP address, DNS Server details etc when this happens, as if it was connected and functioning normally. I will take a screenshot next time this happens.

3. I have done this previously and it worked fine, when this happens my NBN NTU shows all statuses working as per normal.

4. I have checked the firmware and have the current version.

Strange problem...

Thanks.

Options
2019-10-25 10:55:13

@ujaus 

Thanks for your reply.

Take your time to get these information when the router stops working next time. 

Besides, cause the computer works well when it lost connection, below are some suggestions:

1. With computer connected to the Archer AX6000, please clone the MAC address of the computer. 

2. Try to change the DNS server to 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4 under advanced-network-internet page. 

May it help and have a nice day. 

Options
2019-10-26 07:02:12

@Kevin_Z  

This happened again. Here are the screenshots:

Options
2019-10-28 06:16:36

@ujaus 

Thanks for your reply. 

Can you ping  the internet IP when the AX6000 stops working? Please show us a picture of the ping result. 

Have you ever cloned the MAC address of your computer with wired to it? 

Have you ever enabled any advanced features? Like QoS, parental control? 

Besides, after the AX6000 stops working, please go to advanced-system tools-system log to save the log and export to us. 

Thanks in advance, and have a nice day. 

Options
2019-10-28 21:43:14

@Kevin_Z 

Same problem happened again last night. Ping result below:

Status Page says poor network and router light is Red:

This time it happened with my MAC address cloned, so can confrim it happens with and without cloned address.

Parent control has profiles loaded but none active.

Have not activated QoS.

Have attached sys log. Looks like it stops working about every 3 days, and I can't see any logs saying when it stops working, only when I release and renew my IP to get it working again which today was around 7:28am.

Thanks.

File:
syslog-2019-10-29.logDownload
Options
2019-10-29 01:31:44

@Kevin_Z

Hi I have confirmed with my ISP (Superloop) that the service is dropping at exactly the same time interval every time. It's 2 days 9hrs and 44mins every time.

They have said it looks like there's some sort of refresh timing or something going on in the router, but I can't find any settings to change or disable this.

Also, I've tried your phone support a couple of times and haven't been able to get through successfully.

Options
2019-10-29 10:05:44

@ujaus 

Thank you very much for your valued reply.

Our engineer will contact you later and will help you to fix it. If you are willing to do further analysis, please check your inbox.

Please wait a while until they reach out to you.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation in advance, and have a nice day 

Options
2019-12-16 03:09:43

@Kevin_Z 

Did this issue ever get fixed if so what was the fix?

Options
Re:AX6000 Dropping WAN IP in Dynamic IP Mode (Superloop NBN)-Solution
2019-12-16 03:58:54 - last edited 2021-04-06 06:31:04

@Crazy4wifi I managed to stop the issue happening by disabling all the TrendMicro security/virus functionality...

TP-Link have offered to work with me on identifying the related software issue but I've been travelling and not had time to take them up on their offer.

I've not had a single drop or forced reboot since I made the above mentioned change.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 6135

Replies: 23