Unable to login to the router – Failed to execute call dispatcher target for entry '/login'.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Unable to login to the router – Failed to execute call dispatcher target for entry '/login'.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-30 22:31:21 - last edited 2019-10-30 22:35:16
Model: Archer C2  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 3.0.1

I get this error when logging into the router:

Failed to execute call dispatcher target for entry '/login'.
The called action terminated with an exception:
bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)
stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'assert'
	?: in function 'dispatch'
	?: in function <?:195>

When I double click on "login?form=login I get this:

Only a factory reset helps, but I can't restore it to the factory settings every time I want to change something in the router, it is very annoying. There is no rule when this error occurs: maybe a day, maybe a week, maybe 5 minutes or immediately after logging out correctly, I can't log in anymore. E-mail technical support just writes back to me to change the firmware, unfortunately it doesn't help.  What's wrong with this router?! 

I have read the entire thread: https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/99702  but honestly I didn't find anything in it that could help

Options
8 Reply
Re:Unable to login to the router – Failed to execute call dispatcher target for entry '/login'.
2019-10-31 02:34:57

@Kangoor 

To login  to the web UI, there is a much easier way. 

First, connect your computer or smart phone to the Archer C2, and then open a web browser and enter the IP address of domain name to access it. 

The IP address is 192.168.0.1 by default, and the domain name is tplinkwifi.net. 

Besides, you can refer to https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2236/  to login. 

Options
Re:Unable to login to the router – Failed to execute call dispatcher target for entry '/login'.
2019-10-31 10:12:28

@Kevin_Z I know you can log in from these pages and I do it exactly! After entering your login details and clicking on log in you get the error you see above on the sceeenshots

Options
2019-11-01 00:58:23

@Kangoor 

I saw that picture earlier, but it is different from the normal TP-Link login page.

Have you ever flashed the 3rd party firmware? Like OpenWRT, or DD-WRT? 

Good day. 

Options
2019-11-04 08:18:21

@Kevin_Z no, i have never used these firmware. This path that you see in the link browser appeared there because ,, I clicked on it from the error console after clicking on "explore"

Options
2020-07-27 04:27:30

@Kangoor any luck finding the solution? I have the exact same problem :(

Options
2020-08-16 13:21:51

Same problem occured now. It was before, reset helped. But now even reset doesn't help.

Hope TP-LINK will comment something on this.

Options
2020-08-17 17:40:02

@stas-lucky I didn't solve the problem, I bought another router

Options
2020-08-18 08:06:41

@Kangoor Thank you for the answer

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 2723

Replies: 8

Related Articles