Red light after creating a WiFi network?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-31 16:49:27
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

My Deco sets up completely, lets me create a WiFi network and starts showing the red light once I attempt to connect to the WiFi network on my phone. Tried resetting it twice. What do I do?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Red light after creating a WiFi network?
2019-11-01 02:00:56

@Parul1997 

What is the current network diagram? 

With the red led comes on, can you join the Deco's wifi and access internet? Please click here to verify the IP and gateway obtained by your computer. 

If not, please ensure that the you can get internet from the modem first and try to reconfigure the Deco E4.

If yes but the led shows red, try to change the DNS under more-advanced-IPV4 page on the Deco app to 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4.

Besides, you can swap the locations between the different Decos. 

Any updates, please let us know. 

Options
2020-07-19 16:47:28

@Parul1997 I’ve been following this topic but I have the e4. I’ve tried everything but the deco always shows the red light when I join the network. The hub is in modem mode and the unit set to router. The deco Wi-Fi is visible to all devices. It all works when the hub is set back to router mode but then I have to use a different SSID which defeats the object as all my devices search for the hub’s SSID. The MAC clone won’t work as the laptop never sees the internet in wifi mode when the hub is in modem mode. Changing dns to 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4 has no effect either. I’ve initiated the devices in the order described - no result. Could it be that I cannot use the hub’s SSID?  I’m stumped, so any clear directions as to how to make it work would be greatly appreciated. 

Options
2020-10-18 06:42:45

@pemass48 

My ISP uses PPPoE, I selected this, entered username and password but when the DECO tried to connect the LED turned red.  DECO was not receiving a WAN IP. I googled this and ended up here. It appears a few  people have come across this issue.  It turns out that my ISP uses VLAN tagging, I needed to add the VLAN ID under IPTV/VLAN which in my case was 60. If you are replacing a working router you can probably find the appropriate VLAN ID under the WAN settings on it, otherwise your ISP will supply it. Just posting this in case it helps someone. See https://www.tp-link.com/uk/support/faq/2465/

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 8310

Replies: 3

Related Articles