New Deco P9 ethernet Port not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-11-01 19:50:48
Model: Deco  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.0 Build 20190719 Rel. 14937

Hi,

I installed a brand new Deco P9 (3pack) 2 days ago and it worked fine until today, when it suddenly lost internet connection. The WiFi was still working and my router did not show any issues except for the LED of the specific ethernet Port, to which the main Deco unit was connected, was not flashing. 

I restarted all Deco units, checked with different cables and even tried to setup a completely new network by using the APP. It did not solve the problem until I replaced the initial main unit with one of the other two. This actually did the trick, and I was able to setup the compete WiFi network again.

However, connecting the initial main unit, now as the last unit, didn't go as smooth as before. When it did connect, I decided to test the 2 ethernet ports of this unit by connecting my laptop to them. It appeared that Port 2 is still working, but Port 1 is not detected by my laptop. 

Considering Port 1 was actually connected to my router before, this actually should explain for the loss of the internet connection.

Please advice what to do next? Is my unit showing a hardware defect and should I enquire for a replacement? Or is this due to a software issue?

Many Thanks!

Options
5 Reply
Re:New Deco P9 ethernet Port not working
2019-11-03 19:06:21 - last edited 2019-11-03 19:07:11

Are your Deco P9s running in access point mode? I have found that access point mode does not work with the Deco P9s.

I have set them up like this:

Modem > PPPoE into Router (not wifi enabled) > RJ-45 into Deco P9.

2x Deco P9 connected by just plugging them into the wall socket electric (for the PLC).

This setup did not work in access point mode but when changed router mode and the network change to:

Modem > PPPoE Deco P9

2x Deco P9 plugged into wall socket electrics.

This did work. firmware 1.0.1

Options
2019-11-03 21:29:33

@BozMoz 

Thanks for your reply. 

I have always used my network exactly as you mentioned last. So with the P9 in router mode. Strange thing is that the network did work for about 2 days and then suddenly it stopped. 

After exchanging the units the network works fine again, but the ethernet Port nr 1 of the first main unit stopped functioning permanently. This unit is now last in the chain.

Options
2019-11-04 02:00:22

@EMerks 

Thanks for your reply; from what you mentioned, it seems that the port 1 of the specific Deco P9 is broken.

With your computer connected to that port, please click here to get its IP address and gateway. 

Try to change another ethernet cable and another device. 

If you have tried all of them but the computer cannot be detected and cannot obtain valid IP address, you can contact the retailer to get a replacement. 

Best regards. 

Options
2019-11-04 19:49:16

@Kevin_Z 

Hi,

thank you for your help. I followed your instructions, and indeed Port 1 does not respond. Port 2 works fine, showing ip address and all, including 1 Gbit/sec (!) connection speed. 

I will contact my retailer for a replacement.

One question on this; Since the system is a 3-pack, is it possible to replace just one unit, or do all units need replacement? In other words, does the system keep on working if you replace one? I am asking this because I feel a bit reluctant to pack and send the whole system (with at least 2 perfectly functioning units), wait for the new one to arrive and then have to install everything again. 

Thanks in advance

Options
2019-11-05 01:37:19

@EMerks 

Thanks for your reply; 

You can contact the retailer to check their warranty policy; if they are available with one piece replaced, then you can return the "specific one" .

Once you got the replacement, you do not have to reconfigure the other two Deco, instead, you only need add the third new Deco to the existing network, that is it. 

May it help. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3731

Replies: 5

Related Articles