How to determine if powerline backhaul is working on Deco P9?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

How to determine if powerline backhaul is working on Deco P9?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
135 Reply
Re:How to determine if powerline backhaul is working on Deco P9?
2020-05-26 13:00:23

@jpasan 

With Fast Roaming enabled it doesn't work. The only way to work is by disabling the Fast Roaming.

i have tried to disable Mesh on the camera and enable Fast Roaming but it doesn't work.

Options
2020-05-27 19:02:13

@ahambou 

Hi, no it does not help. 

There are quite a few reports that this the Magic Home LED controler has similar problems with e.g cisco routers. For the Grunding TV are even more similar reports. However, both worked fine with my old tp-link archer c5 router.

And just an update - setting the wifi backhaul option to 0 solved my network instabilities. 

Options
2020-05-27 19:07:34

@Kook 

It seems that my solution works :D I hope that this will be fixed in a future firmware update.

Options
2020-05-27 19:27:26

@EMerks 

I have issues with Sony Android TVs connecting. I can't get them to connect, so I resorted to cables. One with a switch using a nearby cable, and for another I repurposed a TL-WR902AC that I had laying around to use as an wireless bridge.

I don't kow if this issue will ever be fixed, because it might the TVs fault.

Options
2020-05-28 02:39:00
Please indicate when the new firmware will be available
Options
2020-05-29 21:26:55

Thanks everyone for all the great information on getting some stability on the new system.

I upgraded the firmware on the routers and able to see the PLC status now, but when I telnet into the routers to modify the text on the wifi config there is no option for the backhaul.  Has anyone else seen this or had this problem?

Options
2020-05-29 21:47:12

@ahambou 

Hi, I am having the same problem. can you explain how to "telnet" the router? thanks!

Options
2020-05-30 05:25:50

@t-moto 

It should be under the WiFi config file.

Make sure that you are editing the correct file.

vi /etc/config/wifi 

Options
2020-05-30 05:30:43

@Hugo1006 

Did you upgrade the firmware of your Deco devices to 1.0.2 beta?

if not refer to my post #21, download the firmware and follow the instructions included to upgrade.

After upgrading to 1.0.2 let me know.

Options
2020-05-30 14:20:16

@ahambou 

Thanks for the reply. That's the exact text I was using. 

After getting devices dropped off the network left and right for days I decided to pull it and go back to my old Netgear gaming router. I'm getting a powerline extender to handle the dead spot in the back of the house and will return the P9. I guess I will have to dig deeper than regular reviews to the real user community next time. Reviews were very misleading. 

Once again, all of you on this thread put out some very helpful information! Thanks for taking the time to share!

Options
Related Articles