Deco P7 Powerline Backhaul non working as expected

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-04 14:05:43 - last edited 2020-02-05 23:10:30
Model: Deco P7  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.1 Build 20190704 Rel. 46693

Hello,

i have 3 Deco P7 installed in my house (3 floors), here's my network topology:

I have a vDSL line 200/20Mbps, that works at 130/20/Mbps, on the main Deco I always can get the full speed, on the other 2 Deco (especially on the 3rd) I have very poor performances (around 30Mbps in download).

The powerline led on the AC adapter is green in all devices, but I think that the powerline backhaul is not working as expected, but just the WiFi backhaul is working.

Is there any solution to this problem?

Thanks in advance and kind regards.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco P7 Powerline Backhaul non working as expected
2020-02-11 03:20:10

@srossi75 

Hello, thanks for your information. From the led status of the power adapter, the powerlink backhaul should be working well theoretically.

We will do further analysis to locate this issue and try to fix it.

What is the speed you can get from the two slave Decos respectively? Please test the wired and wireless speed both and show us the results.

In the meantime, please click here to get the wired/wireless negotiation speed.

Try to change another socket to plug the slave Deco units and verify whether the speed become faster.

And you can swap the location of the slave Decos to rule out whether it is the location issue or the Deco itself.

Besides, may I know how far away between each other?

Thanks a lot. And may it help.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 908

Replies: 1