Configuring security settings TL-WPA281 KIT if using Mac OSX

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2012-12-29 20:05:47
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WPA281

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Set-up worked perfectly and wi-fi operates well. But it's free to the world as I cannot configure security settings: can't use the mini-CD resource on iMac and there isn't a Macdownload available as far as I can see. Any ideas please?
Options
7 Reply
Re:Configuring security settings TL-WPA281 KIT if using Mac OSX
2012-12-31 22:07:18
The mini CD can not work with Imac. It will get stucked if you insert it into it. TP-LINK do not have any source that can install on the TP-LINK. Here are my own settings, hope this can help you:
1. Turn off the powerline adapter(small one) connected to your broadband router.
2.Connect TL-WPA281 to your MAC conuter by a Ethernet cable.
3. Set a static IP for your Mac computer
3.1Connect the MAC computer to the TL-WPA281 LAN port with the Ethernet cable in the package. Then Click the Apple menu and select System Preferences. When the System Preferences scre en appears, look for Network and click it.
3.2 In the Network panel, select Ethernet. In the Configure IPv4 field, select "Manually", and then fill in the parameters like below, and click Apply:
IP Address: 192.168.1.100 Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
4. Login to the TL-WPA 281’’s management page:
Open Safari, type http://192.168.1.1 (the default IP of TL-WPA281) into the address bar and press enter, put in the default username and password which are both "admin", then click Log In.
5. Go to Wireless-->Wireless security-->Select the last one WPA-PSK/WP2-PSK. Go to PSK password-->Put a password into it-->Save.
Options
2013-01-01 00:49:36
Thank you so much - worked a treat! Most grateful.

Happy New Year:)
Options
2013-01-03 18:24:25
:cool: Happy New Year!!
Options
2013-01-06 00:15:24
I recently purchased the WPA 281 kit to extend the reach of my existing Virgin media router - I had hoped that it would simply recognise the existing VM network - instead, in areas near to where the 4 light adapter is located, I am given the dual option of my existing VM network or my new TP network - I can live with this but need to secure it. However I am struggling to get beyond 4 above as the address http://192.168.1.1 is not being recognised by safari
Options
2013-01-07 18:32:12
For your Safari, you can type in the numbers only 192.168.1.1. What is more, make sure that your computer is connected to the unit by a cable or make sure that your computer is configured IP address. If not, you can try a second computer. Sometimes, the page will be blocked by some unknown reason.
Options
2013-02-09 06:10:05
Happy New Year !!
Options
Security settings now set but TL-PA211 now not visible/working
2013-05-01 05:32:11
Thanks for the clear instructions on accessing the Mgt Utility in Mac OSX above - they worked much better than the instructions that Support gave me. I have switched off the WiFi radio signal as I want my units to work over powerline only. However.....

I now cannot seem to connect the PA211 unit to my router and gain internet access. I have tried variations on the following two options:
1) I connect the PA211 to my Apple Time Capsule - but it doesn't seem to work
2) I go around the Time Capsule and straight into the back of my Cable Router (UPC) - it doesn't work either.

Also, although the Powerline light on both adaptors stays solid - telling me their connected - I cannot see the connected device in the Mgt Utility under the Powerline section.

Something in my setup is clearly wrong. Can anyone tell me where?

Really appreciate the support.

MM.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 864

Replies: 7

Related Articles