My deco wont work, no matter what i try (Multiple Problems)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-11-05 21:20:37 - last edited 2019-11-05 21:29:17
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hey,

Soo for the past 3 weeks i have been driven to madness by this product as nothing i have tried doing with it worked at all. This has turned into a real frustration and i am seriously considering returning everything and going back to my D-Link solution.

First here is my network setup

Router(isp Arris not the version that is troublesome) --> Main Deco --> Switch --> Switch 2 --> Deco Slave

--> DVR     --> Cable box

--> PC 1     --> Cable Box

--> PC 2

--> TV

--> PS4

--> Notebook (Can switch)

(Wireless) Deco Slave       

--> Cable box

Here is a list of the problems i encountered:

Deco wont assign ip adress thus unabling a few devices each time to connect

Deco wont connect to other slave decos during setup unless i unplug main deco from everything
Deco wont realize that it has internet unless it is the only thing plugged into the modem (Even then sometimes)
Deco wont realize it has internet if i restart it with my main network plugged in

After a few minutes of setup deco wont find or connect to any other slave decos i try to setup (when trying bluetooth it claim it is *Too far away* even when both are touching phisically)

Internet Bachaul refuses to work, leaving my deco simply trying for wifi

Deco wont give my full internet speed, forcing me to exit and enter the wifi, and even then it only gives my maximum internet (240mbs) for a minute before dropping to 60, even if i do not move

These problems happen again everytime i try to setup deco, it simply refuses to work.

If anyone has any ideas i would gladly take it, right now i got 3 decos working but the new one i bought for my backyard wont connect to the network, simply cannot find it, these problems also happened before the new one arrived.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 298

Replies: 0