TP551 does not wake up once it went to power safing mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2012-12-29 23:24:34
Region : Austria

Model : TL-PA551KIT

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi all,
as soon as my adaptor switches to power safing mode (when my laptop goes to hibernate), powering on the laptop leaves the adaptor inactive. I have to unplug it and plug it in again. Than it works.
Any suggestions? Is there a way to turn of the power safing feature (if everything else fails)?
Best regards, Manfred
Options
13 Reply
Re:TP551 does not wake up once it went to power safing mode
2013-01-01 13:58:28
One of my friends had the same issue like yours and he contacted TP-LINK guys. They gave him a firmware to disable the power safe mode. So you should refer to tp-link support for help.
Options
2013-01-01 18:58:06
Thanks. I'll try that in parallel. I still hope, that someone could give some insights why the hibernation mode does not work correclty. Turning it off is kind of my last resort and I would prefer a more elegant solution which still utilizes the built in power-management and safes energy (and money).
Options
Same issues
2013-02-08 01:46:08
Hi,

Not posting a real solution to your problem but I am stuck also with the same trouble. The only thing that helped me so far is placing a switch between my computer and the TP551 unit. But then I got an extra consuming device which I wanted to avoid. In that case the altered firmware is a better solution.

Please let me know if you already got a better solution.

Kind regards,
Conrad
Options
2013-02-08 07:25:18
Hi,

I ordered two sets lately and they had the same problem. The only support could deliver, was a firmware where the power-save function was disabled. I did not want that and sent them back. Real pity they do not have a solution yet, although the problem is known for quite a while.
Other brands do not have this problem, although chips and firmware are very much the same.
I read somewhere (don't know where anymore) that hardware V2 should not have the problem anymore, but i did not see any of them yet.

Regards,

Hugo
Options
2013-02-08 15:15:02
Hi,
I am using my device with the alternate firmware ( http://www.tp-link-support.de/firmware/TL-PA511/TL-PA511v1.WOL_BETA.zip) which disables the power saving feature. Not a real solution, unfortunately. I hope they will solve that problem somewhen soon so that it will work with power safe on. Did anyone find out why the problem exists? I doubt it is with all laptops but just with some. But I have no idea what causes the problem.
Best regards, Manfred
Options
2013-02-08 18:45:50
Hi Manfred,

Maybe it has something to do with the onboard network card in our computers?

I am using the TP551 with an desktop computer and the onboard NIC is an Intel 82579V. I am gonna test a dedicated NIC to see if it makes any difference.

Also if more people are experiencing the same issues please post this in the forum so the TP-LINK guys will notice this as a real bug :cool:

Regards, Conrad
Options
2013-02-23 08:19:07
I tried with NW adapters :
- Realtek PCIe FE Family-controller
- Realtek RTL8101E Family PCI-E Fast Ethernet NIC
- VIA Rhine III Fast Ethernet Adapter

All the same problem, as i reported also to TP-Link support.

Regards, Hugo
Options
2013-02-25 06:09:02
I'm glad I found this thread, this bug drives me crazy! Every time my pc goes in power saving mode, the powerline goes in power saving as well and when I wake up my PC the powerline stays off-line. I've tried my pc and my laptop also with these NW adapters:
- Intel(R) 82567LM Gigabit Network
- Realtek® 8111E Gigabit Network

Both the same problem, only unplug from power does work. I've also created a support case, but without response yet. I hope this will be fixed soon, a workaround with disable the power saving mode isn't acceptable for me.
Options
2013-02-25 22:05:55
It must be a hardware problem, as they do not seem to get it fixed with firmware.
TP511 had the same problem with V1, but it was fixed with HW V2 of the 511-adapters.
Options
TP-551 - Same problem
2013-02-26 19:30:47
Hi all of you

It's quite annoying, that the problem is so obvious to so many users.

I look forward to get a solid solution from TP-Link.

When it has the facility entering Power-Save mode - it is of course necessary to call it "alive" again, when traffic is detected.

The only way for me is also to unplug an plug it again.

I will not accept the disabling of power-save mode. This particular feature was an important incitament for buying the TP-Link.

Look forward to get the problem solved.

/Christian
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2586

Replies: 13

Related Articles