How do I properly increase my speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-11-12 12:58:38 - last edited 2019-11-16 04:44:45

So my family decided to switch from internet provider to a more less expensive option so we could save money. So when the technician from the company comes around and installs the new modem and the initial speed is extremely slow with a max of 3mgb down and 0.06 up so in order to attempt to increase the speed so its actually at useable speeds we bought a wifi router and did the setup things it requires and turned it on but still it's still really slow so I'm still wondering how people manage to increase there internet/wifi speeds with the router 10.0.0.0.1 192.168.1.254

Options
2 Reply
Re:How do I properly increase my speed
2019-11-13 01:31:24

@SenltonGomes 

Do you have any TP-Link device? 

Besides, the speed is decided by the bandwidth you paid for your ISP and the modem, distance and other obstacles. 

Cause the speed from the modem is slow, to speed it up, you need figure it out first. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:How do I properly increase my speed
2019-11-13 18:06:46
Do you have a separate modem and router or do you have a Gateway (modem and router in one)? Anytime you have issues, try power cycle (power off and then back on) all of the devices. Do you have any other device attached such as a VIOP phone system? If you have a separate modem and router, connect a PC direct to the router via a Ethernet cable and run your speed tests by-passing the router. That speed will be the best speed you can expect with a router attached. The modem, the router, and/or the PC can all be limiting factors. Also be sure you are using quality Ethernet cables.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1020

Replies: 2

Related Articles